• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slave Cables Length

FormerNewMVGuy

I made two sets of cables, One is 40 ft long and the other is 35 ft long, and can honestly say i wouldnt go any shorter than 35ft, since i made these cables ,i gave my 20 footer to a friend of mine ! The 20 was always to short..... I used 1/0 for both sets, real nice and flexable.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Making one up is always a fun little job. I always solder the connections once they are clamped in. I realize it might then be impossible to easily remove, but a soldered connection won't fail under fire.

Jones

2/0 if you can get it through the watertight bushings. Welding cable is better by far than regular multi-strand. More flexible and will carry more amps.

Here's a thought;
How about getting some extra receptacles and putting one on the opposite side and maybe one on each end? True, it's not original but is sure would make life easier if you could plug in to any of four sides.

There's one on each side of the baby HEMTT and I'm going to put another in the grill and one back by the crane.

Jones

Kenny,

Buddy up to your local welding shop. We scrap our cables if the insulation gets nicked or cut down to the copper. Still a lot of usable cable there.
You may have to settle for 2/0 though.

Preacherboy

Built mine with 2/0 welding cable, made it 25' and it is nice and lightweight. It will work with a 5 ton and a deuce parked nose to nose, a 20 footer definately would not.

I could have went longer as the guy was selling it off a huge roll, but I only have enough $ at the time for 50'

O.D. Fever

I built 25 foot 2gage.. the price is not that bad. the ends cost $75.00 I think, cable about $ 50.00. not bad. The source for the gov.. wanted 1,100.00. I'll build them..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks