• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slave cables....

tlm47201

I want to build a slave cable setup, but does anyone know it the proper connectors are commercially available? I will use welding cable, and some older welders used similar plugs. Anyone try this yet?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Slave connections are avilible, but they are $$$$... Your better off buying a set of cables on ebay for $125 or so... The ends from AB Connector are over $150 each.....

K45

I realize this is a bit old, but I was wondering how the outcome of this. i have been thinking of a jumper cable set up off the slave connection for jumping off non MV Kinda like the snap on quick connect jumpers are. Does anyone have pics of this?

CCATLETT1984

I realize this is a bit old, but I was wondering how the outcome of this. i have been thinking of a jumper cable set up off the slave connection for jumping off non MV Kinda like the snap on quick connect jumpers are. Does anyone have pics of this?
You can do that if the other vehicle is 24v.

If the other vehicle is 12v then you have an issue, you have to install a 2nd slave recepticle for 12v ony (can only be done on a cucv) and be sure to mark it well enough that you dont put the 24v one on a 12v truck. Using a Nato (single pin) for 24v and a Two-pin for 12v would make it much safer, since you would have to use an adapter for the 12v one.

K45

Thanks for the info. I was wondeirng if I could put a cut off switch to 1 of the leads and the switch would act as a 12v or 24 volt jump?

Also I have not seen the leads at all or a plug at least the male part plug to make my own jumper wires? Any visuals out there?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to have both cables, if you cut the circuit you won't have any voltage. You can't change from 24 to 12 unless you added some sort of 3rd wire and connection and hooked to just one battery.

K45

Thanks I have looked at them but not cloesely I saw where there 2 wires going into it and thought it was one from one batter and one from the other.

otisroy

So, is it 0/0 or 2/0 cable? I just read somewhere else that it's 1/0 so I've been pricing that(ouch, BTW). Is there a TO or TM on the slave cables?

wiggall

I also have some Sinple Pole Slave Cable Ends for sale $60.00 + shipping from Idaho 83541. FTG2 Wiggles USS EDSON DD 946 1969-1973

swyne

Just a guess, if you place a heavy duty battery (on/off) switch in line on the front pos battery cable going to rear battery neg? Will that then leave 12V going out the slave connector?

Crash_AF

I don't think so... You would not have anything because there would be no path to ground.

I'm just going to wire in a standard 2 pin flat connector connected to the front battery and mount it to the brush guard. I'll have slave capability for the mil trucks and 12v for the civvie stuff.

Later,
Joe