• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

slave cables

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a set of jumper cables made out of welding cable with very heavy clamps.

Prob a lot cheaper than doing an install unless you are just looking for the cool factor.

I have jumped many a deuce and 5 ton using them and never had an issue with not getting enough juice to start one.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those blue connectors are Anderson Powerpole connectors (as an aid for searching purposes).

I use 250 amp sets for welding cable configuration. Price was about 10 bucks each when I was shopping a few years ago...much less than NATO cables, especially if you have the wire available.

Many Ham radio guys now standardize with the lower rated ones for radio hookup, 15 to 45 amp versions typically.

Terminal/distribution boxes are available for the smaller sizes, too. West Mountain Radio - RIGrunner Models

I think they sell the high current pairs.

Bob

Carl_in_NH

Bob is correct - you'll find the Anderson powerpole connectors for sale at a number of radio dealers, and typically several vendors selling them at ham radio flea markets. Some of those vendors do carry the monster sized ones.