• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slave Jump Assistance - DONE

1euro2c

Need a slave cable jump in the Colorado Springs area. Please if anyone is near Colorado Springs area I am needing a jump on my LMTV. Batteries are dead.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope someone can help you out, but worst case scenario you can separate the batteries into two groups of 12V and charge with any car/truck

Overdrive

You can jump an LMTV with a 12v vehicle/battery and a pair of civilian jumper cables. Will take a bit of charging time and a multimeter for good measure. I did it when my truck arrived with dead batteries and I had to get it off the semi. Don't use slave cave plug, 24v there but with all 4 batteries hooked up if you check each batteries voltage you will see 12v. Mine had two bone dry batteries so check water levels first.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?145999-LMTV-arriving-at-noon-CST-today-needs-a-jump-assistance-please!&highlight=

A multimeter to check voltage before connecting anything is a must!!!

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just charge each battery individually. Pos from the jumping car to the pos of one battery. Neg of the jumping car to the neg of the same battery in the truck you hooked the pos to.

If you have a volt meter, start with the battery thats lowest.

Kambaku

Happy to hear that you're up and running. I am seriously thinking of driving my 1078 to AK this summer. I would be very interested in hearing more about your travels and tips you might have for those who follow in your footsteps. Especially your experience with Canadian border patrol with your MV.

Last edited: