• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slave jump Hybrid 12/24 system

kenklausner

The cucv is the ideal setup for the 12/24 volt application, the use of the selector switch is a convient way to make the transition from 12 or 24 volts using only one NATO rec. For us lesser mortals that do not have cucvs we must skin the cat a different way. Given; one 24 vdc alternator, two 12 vdc batteries, one NATO slave plug, one set of matching jumper cables. Requirement; provide 12 and 24 volt into and out of the NATO plug without frying the batteries, the alternator or the poor soul connected to the other end of the battery cables. Purpose; to provide jump starting to other vehicles at 12 and 24 volts, to receive 12 or 24 volts for battery charging whether from another vehicle or a non vehicle charging means, to take a 24 volt direct jump for vehicle starting. Attached is what I've come up with for an answer, it works for me!

Ken.

Attachments

tcody

Kenklausner - would you be willing to post the part numbers for the two resistors and LED voltmeter. THis is a great setup!
Thanks
Cody

tcody

Cody: Here ya go! Where in illinois do you keep your monsters?

Ken

Datel panel meter number: DMS-20PC-1-DCM-C
Ken - thanks for the info. Thats a pretty slick setup. Think I found a good summer project. Appreciate you posting the info. BTW, I am 2 hours directly west of you outside the Quad Cities.
Cheers
Cody

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks