• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sled pull

calvnatter

iv been thinking on running my m35 a2 in the county fairs sled/tractor pull. i was thinking in running in the 10 k weight class. i was wandering if any one else has done this and what weights u have pulled in? has any one got full pulls?

poppop

A duece weights around 13000 pounds so I assume that is the class you will have to pull in. Some pulls will not allow an MV to pull except as exibition, so check your local rules. I have a sled I built for our antique tractor club. I can stop the largest antique John Deere built which weights 10.000 pounds, but my M813 did a full pull at idle.

engineer233

I pulled in one a couple of weeks ago. My video is on YouTube under m35a2 sled pull. I was in only as a exhibition only. I pulled in 2nd low and stalled. Oh well it was fun anyway.

engineer233

Watch the sled at the 200ft mark. The operator dropped it all at once. It felt like he dropped anchor. And it did fall on its face hard.

engineer233

I pulled the same night with my M923 and it done exactly the same thing. I was in 1-5 high range. I wish now I had been in low range cause I think I could have drug it home for sure.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pulled a sled with my deuce and did the same thing, 2nd gear, low range and it did not work good for me. My next oull i used low range first gear... i did really good and then the sled started digging in and it just ran out of power. I didnt think anything could stop that truck, but i guess a sled can! Haha! So anybody trying a sled pull, i recommend using low range, 1st gear. Dont over rev the engine either. It going to be almost like no load for a little bit. No more than 2200 rpm. Any other gear is hard on the clutch and when you reach the point the sled starts digging in, you'll wish you had first gear.

robert c neth

Banned
i pulled my cckw at the local fair last month.it was a big metal sled total weight 18000 lbs .did a full pull on thier track ,no one would believe it was a 270 6 banger especially the diesel pickup guys.truck hooked up nice in 1st low and just pulled,they had no more weight so we had to stop.my sons monster truck didnt even bat an eye its was a fun day for all.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not quite a 10 ton but Everette Doyle used his M328 bridge truck in a pull. The 6602 just growled and the truck sqatted and left the area with the sled hanging on. I woulod not want to be the guy hooked to the back of a truck with a 6602 in it.

Around here many of the house movers use M123 tractors to move the houses.

I believe an M328 chassis with the M139 bridging bed would be the one 5 ton that I could be talked into owning.

Oros35

I've done it a couple times. Put a vid on here too.

1st low, in the 8000lb open diesel class I pulled a 250', top of the class was 305', I was in the middle of the pack. Not bad considering the top trucks were probably close to 1000hp, and my deuce is stock 134hp. My front tires were 6" off the ground at the end of the pull. Was a great ride, lots of fun.

Pulled again, same track, but sled was a little different. Pulled 315'.

Both times ran out of power, but still put on a good show. each run was just exibition. Crowd liked it.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not quite a 10 ton but Everette Doyle used his M328 bridge truck in a pull. The 6602 just growled and the truck sqatted and left the area with the sled hanging on. I woulod not want to be the guy hooked to the back of a truck with a 6602 in it.

Around here many of the house movers use M123 tractors to move the houses.

I believe an M328 chassis with the M139 bridging bed would be the one 5 ton that I could be talked into owning.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks