• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

slober tube plumbed back into intake?

davey8943

Blow by, in and of itself, is not a bad thing. All Diesel engines have some amount of blow by.

The idea is that "a lot" of blow by indicates something else going on. Usually there is a limit set by the engine manufacturer for blow by, however I haven't been able to find it in the TM's for the MF. Maybe someone more familiar can point to it?

There are a couple main culprits for excessive blow by:

-- Pistons / Rings -- compression leaks into crankcase
-- Valve stem seals -- boost air leaks into overhead, and thus crankcase
-- Air compressor -- compression cylinder leaks past rings / piston into air comp crankcase, and thus engine crankcase
-- Turbocharger -- boost air leaks past oil seal into bearing housing, and thus crankcase

A sudden large increase in blow by can indicate serious internal engine problems.

Generally speaking, high blow by indicates a worn out engine. But that wouldn't necessarily be where I start the troubleshooting.

just my 2cents

Dave

Heavysteven

I agree some thing is wrong with your truck. You should be smoked out of the cab. Exhaust leak? Belts burning?

When I Ordered my draft tube got 3' long and cut about 6" off. It runs under the axle. Tubing is 1 1/4"

Hope you find the problem

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Long periods of idle will create conditions that produce a lot of blowby. If you have to run your engine like I do with the crane, install a radiator cover to help warm the engine.

Blowby can be handled alternately too, the 8x8 multifuel, which was designed to run submerged without any preparations other than pressurizing various components, simply runs the blowby into the exhaust (image #1 below).
On my deuce, a filter was installed with an oil sump to collect the oil from the fumes and the rest piped up into the air intake (image #2).

Attachments

Ridgerunner

I'd route it into the exhaust pipe. I've welded many attachment-tubes to header collectors for guys over the years to eliminate their PVC system on high RPM V8 motors. Google "crankcase evacuation system" It'll work the same for you, with your smokey Multi. The rank fumes will go up the stack with the exhaust. So you'll no longer have to breath fumes in the cab from it dumping it under the truck.

RAYZER

When I first got my deuce,I had a problem with my eyes burning and smelling exhaust while driving. I noticed that the exhaust stack bracket was bent and the stack was slightly leaning. The flexible pipe behind the turbo had been pushed back and was rubbing on the cab flange which resulted in a small hole in the flex pipe. Straightened everything out and replaced the flex pipe. Problem solved!
:grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks