• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sloppy accelerator pedal - is this what I need?

blutow

My accelerator pedal has a lot of back and forth play and it's tough to get enough cable travel to trip the fan disconnect switch at full throttle (even with it adjusted all the way). It looks like there is a bushing in the housing where the accelerator arm pivots. Maybe it's working as designed (poorly), but I was hoping a new bushing might tighten things up bit.

Waste of time or worth trying? The parts are cheap and I'm already placing an order for some other stuff.

I believe the part number for teh bushing is 12338356 (looks like 2 are needed). There is also a gasket 12338357 that I'll replace as long as I'm messing with it. I spent some time looking for a diagram in the TM, but didn't find it, so any guidance on whether these are correct parts is appreciated (of it I need anything else). Thanks.

1663179329631.png

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
That bushing could tighten it up a bit. Peddle rods may need a little tweaking for convenient travel. Also switch has adjustment to engagement at WOT or just before. On my rig, after new bushing, some tweaking and a new cable, dialed it in. Peddle travel to response is a lot of foot work. Lever and cam action could be better. Won't be like a "go by wire" of today.

Peddle to the metal, CAMO

Let's go Brandon
wheelie.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks