• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slow blinking turn signals

pinwormfood

hi guys, new problem here. I am going down the road with my lights on and go to make a turn and my blinkers are going suuuuuuper slow. so i turn my lights off and try again and they run at full or almost full speed. I also noticed that the batt guage was going back and forth as the blinkers go off and on....
any ideas, my guess is the battery is on the fritz and may need to be replaced.
also, which battery runs the lights and electricals....thanks, pinworm

McCluskey

I don't know how to speed up your blinkers, but I do know it's your front battery that runs your lights. Your back 2nd battery really is only used for 24v items. The front is used for all 12v.

lindyp38

on my 65 ford..i had the same thing happen......i replaced the bulb....and used dielectric grease...and problem solved.....

check those bulb contacts..they do wear down...over time....

just compare a new bulb with urs.......

ralbelt

Ditto on what Lindy sayes, and clean grounds.

And always remember the first rule of owning a CUCV. If its rubber replace it,if its electrical clean it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easy one.....you haven't changed you blinker fluid yet.................:cookoo:

Seriously, it may be time to have the drivers side alternator rebuilt (GEN1). But 1st have your batteries load tested.

pinwormfood

Findings

ok guys, i tightened the alt belts per the manual (-20) and i load tested the front battery...it came up short and it says to replace it. i will do that for sure, but i was wondering what the procedure is for checking the alt output without the ice setup. i have a multimeter and have half a brain if someone can set me up with the procedure. thanks, pinworm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks