• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

slow leak in tire

Aernan

It looks like some kind of grease or lubricant was on the rubber valve. It had completely dried up and crumbled. To get it off I used my knife to scrape the surfaces clean. After re-assembly there was a small amount of air leaking from the edge of the valve but the leak stopped as the air pressure increased.

Was I supposed to lube the rubber bit before re-assembly?

Aernan

After cleaning on the kneeling valve it's still leaking and I'm still getting slow flats. I noticed (during the day) that this is the only tire with this valve on it. Where do I find that 90 degree fitting to delete the kneeling valve?

Givinup

Thanks for the explanation. I've never viewed from anything but tapatalk. Didn't realize tapatalk linked photos instead of embedding them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have this issue as well. I'm never on a computer, so I never see the photo url in my or anyone else's post, unless I'm not logged into SS with my user name (in which case I can't edit the post accordingly). I wish tapatalk had a way around this. It's a bummer since it's easy to use and snap pictures with a phone to post.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
All of the corrosion on the valve is caused by the rubber piece deteriorating and chemicals leeching out of it. Supposedly the newer piece is made of different rubber. Eats up the valve though. The stainless orifice in the center is where the air seal happens. If that's pitted sometimes you can take it off and polish the lip.

19Detail

Just in case your issue is complex (more than on issue causing it), I had a tire that would slowly go flat. This is a month after drove it home (2000 miles) with no issues. I noticed when I re-inflated it using the schrader valve (had to disconnect my CTIS for other reasons), the core moved a little. Thought that was odd and replaced it with a core from an old bicycle tire. That worked and it hasn't gone flat since. I still can't believe that worked.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks