• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

small rust hole in air tank

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a small air leak on my deuce which turned out to be the result of dirt and other garbage sitting on top of the bracket that holds the air tanks in place. I guess over time moisture could corrode the exterior of the tank. The hold down bolts were buried in dirt. Not a common place that most people would think about cleaning I would think. Figured I post this so next time your under the truck draining the air tanks run your finger on top of the air tank brackets to check them for debris.

3dAngus

I've seen a lot of new old stock air tanks sold recently. You might want to advertise for one in the classifieds. You might get a good deal. I don't know the buyers. Good luck.

deathrowdave

I would not try to weld repair . Total force gets involved here.(Area of tank X psi in tank = total force on the weld) . Great amount of pressure involved

Rustygears

If it failed in a pin hole, you can bet there is more unseen corrosion and weakened steel in the vicinity or inside the tank. Scrap it, its a literal time bomb. Foa a couple of bucks you get reliability, piece of mind and possibly the savings of ambulance and emergency room costs or worse.

You'll spend more time repairing than replacing anyway.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have another one. I drain the tanks daily. Mine was rusted from the outside due to dirt and moisture build up between the air tank and the air tank bracket. Just wanted to post so others checked up there for dirt so they didnt end up with the same problem thats all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks