• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smoke from firewall and Alt guage not moving from yellow to green

sheepdog1

Question...just purchased an 86 M1008...was running great. Been daily driving for a few weeks (shake down cruises) all good till this morning. Started fine, Alt gauge stayed in yellow longer than usual and didn't go to green, even after love tap on throttle (gen lights went off as usual). After 3 mins or so, decided to shut down and then saw light smoke coming from under hood by firewall. Opened hood, saw some more smoke ( not dense) from behind air cleaner, firewall area.
I'm new to the world of CUCV and 6.2...any initial known issues this may sound like?

cpf240

Possibly coming from the glow plug resistor bank. Could be just debris on the coils burning off, but I'm guessing that is not it. I'd suspect an issue with the glow plug system staying on for some reason. There is a glow plug system troubleshooting guide in the -20 TM that should help narrow down the cause.

Haoleb

On my truck I had the little diode in the water in fuel circuit that comes factory wrapped in duct tape short out on the engine in that same area. In my case it would not start. Might be worth a look.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks