• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smokey Alert in Maitland FL

bigzirb

If you are a officer and you want to try to abuse your power, remember, you never know whom you are pulling over. One of us might be a Federal officer driving our personal toys legally around town. Im retired now but I will never put up with a prick who abuses their power like that.

The one who pulled me over and was polite about it, I was polite in informing him about the laws stating I dont need to display the tags. In fact we talk here and there about his Jeep that he also goes mudding with at the same place I go.

99% of the locals know me. you cant miss my big snot green truck with a 6' USA flag flying in the back of the bed.[/QUOTE]

The best thing to remember as a LEO is to treat people just like you would treat your own mother (You do respect your mother, right?) and remember that everything you do may be being recorded. Don't do anything you wouldn't want as the lead story of the 6'oclock news!!!

A

A/C Cages

I didnt mind being pulled over, it was the rude and suggestive colorfull comments he was making that pissed me off.

I get alot of waves and a few siren toots from local pds around here.

stevegr

Good for you A/C Cages. That's just a cool story. A federal officer arresting a local officer. Bout time one of those guys that abuse their power got what they deserved.

Flyingvan911

Good work, A/C Cages. Most LEO's are good people trying to do their honest best to serve and protect. They will mirror the attitude that you show them. I am glad you helped to get that jerk off the streets. If a cop decides he is all powerful and able to disrespect anyone, he doesn't deserve to (and shouldn't) serve the community. It's a good thing there are very few of the bad eggs out there.

Billy Bobbed

Ive been only stopped 2X here in Florida, both times by rookies who think they know everything and dont know crapola about anything. The first one was nice and I showed him the reasons why its not displayed and he understood and let me go. The second one was a jerk and demanded that I get my FingA** out of the truck, put my hands up, and walk towards his car. I sat in the truck, called his LT, and before he could repeat it for the 4th time. He got a rude awaking over the radio. He came up to the truck, still insulting me because I got him busted. I stepped out, proceeded over to him and arrested him after showing him my badge and cuffed him. He lost his job over this and an earlier incident of asking a woman to sexually favor him to get out of a ticket. She turned him in earler that same day. This was his 3rd day running solo.

If you are a officer and you want to try to abuse your power, remember, you never know whom you are pulling over. One of us might be a Federal officer driving our personal toys legally around town. Im retired now but I will never put up with a prick who abuses their power like that.

The one who pulled me over and was polite about it, I was polite in informing him about the laws stating I dont need to display the tags. In fact we talk here and there about his Jeep that he also goes mudding with at the same place I go.

99% of the locals know me. you cant miss my big snot green truck with a 6' USA flag flying in the back of the bed.

God I would have love to have been in the pass.seat when that happened or some dash cam video.The 1 1/2 years I have been driving my deuce I never been pulled over{knock on wood}.I always think there is going to be that rookie LEO that is going to pull me over for no good reason.All my hometown LEOs have been great.I want to thank you for your story,you got a bad LEO off the street.[thumbzup]

Last edited:

Unforgiven

When I went to register my Deuce at the DMV I had to get a VIN inspection. So I had to drive the truck there. I didn't want to stand in line 3 hours just to get a temporary tag for a one-time, five minute trip.

So I started driving to the DMV w/o plates. I had insurance, just not plates. Wouldn't you know it. As I'm taking the back residential streets to minimize my time on busy thoroughfares lo and behold is Johnny Law in the cruiser.

He passed right in front of me as I sat at a stop sign. As soon as he saw/heard me his head almost snapped off. He had the look of a shark at a feeding frenzy.

So instead of turning right & following him I decided to turn left & make my way through another section of residential suburbs. As soon as I did that he flipped a U turn. I knew where that was heading.

I turned right on the next street (using my blinkers of course) then a couple of left-right-lefts through the neighborhood.

As unbelievable as this might sound, he couldn't find me. :lol:

I shook the law going 10 mph in the Deuce with my awesome Formula 1 cornering skills and made it to the DMV without further adieu.

:grd:

A

A/C Cages

:nothingfunny:Its funny in itself alone.... lol lost them in a deuce. lol

I dont know anything funnier then that.rofl

stevegr

When I went to register my Deuce at the DMV I had to get a VIN inspection. So I had to drive the truck there. I didn't want to stand in line 3 hours just to get a temporary tag for a one-time, five minute trip.

So I started driving to the DMV w/o plates. I had insurance, just not plates. Wouldn't you know it. As I'm taking the back residential streets to minimize my time on busy thoroughfares lo and behold is Johnny Law in the cruiser.

He passed right in front of me as I sat at a stop sign. As soon as he saw/heard me his head almost snapped off. He had the look of a shark at a feeding frenzy.

So instead of turning right & following him I decided to turn left & make my way through another section of residential suburbs. As soon as I did that he flipped a U turn. I knew where that was heading.

I turned right on the next street (using my blinkers of course) then a couple of left-right-lefts through the neighborhood.

As unbelievable as this might sound, he couldn't find me. :lol:

I shook the law going 10 mph in the Deuce with my awesome Formula 1 cornering skills and made it to the DMV without further adieu.

:grd:

Funniest thing I heard all morning. Great Job, your Deuce must have been in "Stealth Mode".

Lex_Ordo

The second one was a jerk and demanded that I get my FingA** out of the truck, put my hands up, and walk towards his car. I sat in the truck, called his LT, and before he could repeat it for the 4th time. He got a rude awaking over the radio. He came up to the truck, still insulting me because I got him busted. I stepped out, proceeded over to him and arrested him after showing him my badge and cuffed him.

There are some real bad apples out there that upset the cart. What did you arrest him for?

Flyingvan911

He probably thought you couldn't get around the block that quickly so he didn't bother looking. Can you imagine his suprise when you were gone. "Man, I had this wierd halusination today. Maybe I need to take some time off."

devilman96

As Kenny said I am ALWAYS on display...

Most wave, some just follow and check the truck(s) out but as with most things its usually FHP whom are ultimately bored and need attention. Thus far its me 3 to them 0. A Deuce is much easier than a CUCV in the situation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks