• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smooth Recovery from Redstone

rod

I, my dad and our buddy Jeremy made the trip to Redstone today to recover 2 dueces that we bought in a sale in late March.

The recovery went fine and we couldn't have asked for a better recovery. We were only on the GL lot for about 30 minutes checking the water and engine oil. After the paperwork was finished we made our way off base to the Walley World parking lot close to the base entrance. Here we checked the engine oil, water in the radiator, gear oil in a 3 axles, transmission and transfer case as well as topped off the silicon brake fluids. checked all running lights, brake lights and turn signals.

Then we hit the road for the 100 mile trip home, which turned out to be a very easy trip with no problems. We got lots of looks, many waves and several thumbs up from folks along the way home.

Here is my buddy Jeremy and his "new" duece -

Here is a picture of me and my "new" duece -

Here is a picture of my Dad who drove the "Chase & Support" vehicle -

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sweet!!!!

A windy ride home too :razz:

Charlie

Sorry I missed the trip, but had to take care of mom. Maybe it's better that I DIDN'T go, most of my trips don't turn out that good!

lebel1886

End use certificate

How do you buy a truck when an end use certificate is required? If you tell them you want it for your personal truck is that acceptable?

lebel1886

Thanks!!

That's awesome, I have been wondering about that for quite a while. Roscoe you have been a great help!!

roscoe

Lebel 1886, there are a bunch of threads devoted to the joy of the EUC process. Do a search on this and you will find an answer for almost everything related to the PROCESS. I found this a great help in avoiding common pitfalls.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need another recovery adventure, its been 15 months since my last recovery of an auction vehicle.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I need another recovery adventure, its been 15 months since my last recovery of an auction vehicle.

Are you busy next Thursday? :-D

I have to make the 260 mile trek to Redstone myself. :cool:

jrou111

Can't beat that! We need to have a Birmingham area SS get together.

BTW, I still have 3 trucks up in Huntsville I need to bring home. Recovery, you're welcome to drive one for me :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks