• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

snake in my truck!

mucekok

last time it was a rat under the hood. shot a hole in the fender, but i got him. this is what i found yesterday. upon first glance i found the shed skin that measured just over 5 feet! a closer look and i found the snake. took a while to get him out unharmed. after a few pics i let him go in the yard. i didn't kill him because i would rather have a snake in my truck than a rat... snakes don't eat wiring... and a rat will bite you too!

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
last time it was a rat under the hood. shot a hole in the fender, but i got him.
There's a redneck joke in there somewhere but I don't have the energy this morning :lol: .

There's only four kinds of snakes I don't like.....big ones, little ones, dead ones and live ones.
That being said, won't kill one if I know it is non-poisonous.
If it surprises me, all bets are off and it's so long snake.

mucekok

that there would be a good ol' fashion Texas rat snake. not poisonous, not even really agressive, but get really big... did i mention they eat rats? keeps from having to shoot holes in truck while attempting to remove four legged electrician.

1956_4x4

FreightTrain said:
only down side to those lil guys is they STINK!They have glands that put out a nasty smelling musk when they feel threatened.
If I turned around and found that snake at eye level, the stink would not be coming from the snake....

Smitty

JDToumanian

rofl :funny:

Cool snake, glad you didn't put a second hole in your fender!

Here's an excellent article on rodent control. http://www.bugspray.com/article/rats.html The parent site is good, too... it has info on controlling every pest except people. http://www.bugspray.com When I lived at my parent's house in Temecula, there was a rat and mouse problem in the area... Not in the house, but the property and surrounding areas were full of them. They destroyed the wiring in my 1966 Mercedes 250SE Coupe in about 2 weeks. I was so mad! Following the advice in this article, I destroyed every rodent in a 1/4 mile radius from the house and kept them under control. Initial costs were high... I went through about 50 lbs of poison per week for a month or so, but after that I would notice increased bait consumption in the spring of each year, then it would taper off.

The only downside is that it will also harm animals that eat rodents... cats (my cats are indoor only), snakes, coyotes, owls, etc. because they will eat poisoned ones.

I hate rodents.

Jon

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feed a couple grizzly old feral tomcats here.. keeps them happy and healthy so they will hunt at night. They've gotten to know me well enough to eat from my hand, but don't trust anyone else. That's fine - no rats or pests here. Not many squirrels either. I think the big one likes the tree-rat sport. I have never seen them hunt birds. Only pests.

Flatlander

We have a 5 foot bullsnake living in our front yard. He's territorial and will eat rodents and run off or kill poisonous snakes. We leave him alone and he guards the yard.

His name's burrito.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Some of you that were at Aberdeen in June will remember the snake in Scroungers truck that we chased for quite a while before we got him. I tossed him in the pond below the parking lot and when he swam to the shore you should have seen the frogs going crazy. I don't mind snakes if they are in the wild. I was trapping as a kid and almost reached into the path of a water moccasin with my heart racing I grabbed my Remington Nylon 66 and emptied the tube of LR's into the serpent. I picked him up with a stick and took him home to show my buddies.