• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snakeater's deuce

snakeater

should finish up odds and ends monday as well as mount tires and wheels. Tuesday it's off to the exhaust shop for some duals I think. Wednesday will be mounting the bed and air ride seats. Everythig is coming along faster than I had planned, but that is fine too. Next my m715 is getting 46's and 5 ton beadlock wheels WOOHOO!! Snakeater

snakeater

got the 53's home safe and sound. Also picked up a set of 46" michelins and a set of 5 ton beadlocks to recenter for it. Projects are coming together here lately and I like it. I am looking for 2 more 5 ton beadlocks if anyone has a couple to spare. I am going to run one as a spare on the deuce and the other as a spare on the m-715 Snakeater

snakeater

got one of the 53's mounted on the deuce yesterday. Man that is one huge freakin' tire. Looks GREAT!!! That is what I call a man's vehicle. didn't make much progress with the rest of the truck. Lug nuts had to be heated with a torch to remove them, what a pain in the rear. Tomorrow should have us back on track and at least have it driving again. Then we start with the interior upgrade to make it more comfortable to drive. heater is the main thing as well as air ride seats. Pics will be up in a while. Snakeater

Chut1st

You got it, Brandon37! Sorry for the poor quality. Had to use my cellphone today. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

As it stands as of 2400 GMT today, three of the four 53's are mounted. Last one should go on in the morning, then we'll finish the air lines, bleed the brakes and go for a test ride. :driver:

With and without snakeater himself for perspective:

Attachments

snakeater

DIDN'T make much headway today. Had a few problems rear their ugly head, namely a broken valve stem on one of the wheels and the lack of silicone sealant. Progress was made, tomorrow should yield a test drive at least. Mounting 53's is not a chore to be taken lightly, but the proper application of a BFH wins out every time. snakeater

brandon37

Looks great get some pictures when you take it out.Also are you going to do any offroading if so I am looking forward to hearing how it does

Last edited:

snakeater

I built it for more offroad use than onroad. However my local ORV area just went out of business, so we are left with driving 2 hours to go wheeling.

Test drove it today!!!WOOOHOOO, we took if for a little victory lap after bleeding the brakes and capping off the air lines. All I lack at this point is making a desicion on the bed. may have found a flat bed to go on, or may still use the origional bed revamped and cut down. still up in the air right now. Some Kool ideas were kicked around today, and one will surely win out. Chut1st should have a couple pics up soon for ya'll. Snakeater

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How is it for steering? big-a55 Tires not binding? For beds, I don't like the M105 type, prefer the original cut down.

snakeater

it steers about as well as it did with stock tires. However it handles on the road much better. Has more power off the start and seems to runout better. Donuts and burnouts are very doable:-D. I need to add a little weight to the back of mine as the wheel hop is rough with no weight on the back. Other than the rough ride of the cold michelins it went very well. Snakeater

davidkroberts

well we got the original bed cut-down and remounted. I allowed the bed to hit a airline while mounting :roll: which did a number on one of the air-fittings. the rear tail lights are remounted and operational. We are using the original tailgate with fabricated fittings on the offset barrel hinges. The orinal bed was cut just about at the 7'9" mark which is just short of a pickup bed. Things are looking good. Things should be complete with new air ride seats and exhaust mounted Monday or so.

Ill take a bunch of pictures and post them when complete. Me or Rick anyway.

snakeater

had a minor snag today with the bobber. After finishing up the tailgate, I pulled it out of the shop to sweep the floor and look at it outside for a change. turned the truck around and heard an awfull rasping sound. The exhaust pipe that I neutered a couple days ago apparently was caught by the lugs of the tire and almost removed my inner fender well on the passenger side. No major damage was done, just hurt feelings for being a moron and not fixing it before i moved the truck. One more thing to add to the "bugs that need to be addressed" list. Also will have to repair the airline that Dave damaged for me. Just as a side note a deuce doesn't stop for crap without air assist...........Snakeater