• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snap-on MT480 diesel timing tool

Milbikes

I won a Snap-on MT480 diesel timing tool on Ebay, but it wasn't quite as mint as described. The small luminosity probe (MT161) needed to connect it to the 6.2 cylinder head was not included. Does anyone have a spare they could sell, or loan out? I could make drawings of one, and see if my friend who owns an aircraft parts machine shop could make some extras. I sure would like to time my new 6.2 truck.... Thanks for any assistance. H.

Barrman

Yes, you are supposed to start with the two marks lined up, use the mentioned above timing light, turn off the engine and advance or retard the pump timing to make the timing correct. Then fire it back up to verify you did correct. Adjust as needed.

Since most people don't have the timing light, they move the pump 1/16-1/8 of an inch toward the drivers side of the truck and drive to see if it runs better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks