• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snarky's Paintball Hauler

Snarky

So I was on the final leg of my journey home with the deuce. I was on the ferry from port A, to Galveston. It was the first time I had been out of the deuce where it wasn't a fuel stop. It was 3 am or so and a random redneck kid comes up to me.

Random Hillbilly: So wha're ya gunna do with that thing?

Me: Use it for paintball...

R: So you paid all that money and all yer gunna do is take it out to a field and shoot it with paint?!

M: No, I have a team of about 10~ members or so and we camp out when we go play paintball, we have a lot of gear and it already fills our utility trailer and all our vehicles.

Anyways. That was the first time I had to try to justify my M35A2. Now when I'm in a clear frame of mind I just say something related to the apocalypse. Bert's mexican army deuce from Tremors 2 is my inspiration. I bought this truck sight unseen from Ohio and drove it to Texas. The only problems I had was that a headlamp went out (the seller promptly came out and fixed it) and then later the turn signal module went out which I fixed with some creative engineering and civilian parts.

So far I've done:

Checked all the fluids and brake system to try to flush out any obvious problems.

5th gear sounds terrible and probably needs repair, but right now it's getting the job done.

The air compressor is leaking oil through the rings however it does not seem serious at this time.

I've rigged up a working flasher using civilian parts (45~$ is steep for a stock part that doesn't last too long).

I've hooked up a rear license plate mount and lights using wood, civilian parts, and 24v bulbs.

I've hooked up cheapo daylighter-style front offroad lamps. Painted them OD, installed 24V H3 bulbs, and wired them to a fused military style switch.

I've installed a cheapo half-ton hydraulic crane and installed a half-ton winch and and pulley set on it for generator lifting. Painted it OD green.

Placed a small pick-axe and shovel on the pioneer tool rack. Outfitted the tool box with some cheapo tools and a bottle of brake fluid.

Installed a 900watt 24v power inverter.

Installed a small boom box that you can almost hear when driving in the city.

Attachments

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sanrky,
That is one nice looking truck.
Looks real stocky with the 14's on it.
The OD looks darker to, almost a forrest green.
Really Nice.:-D

Snarky

Thanks for all the comments guys.

The tires are Michelin X G-20 15.5/80R20's. The owner before me said he spent around 3000$ in the tires, tubes, mounting and such. I'm not sure if the hubs in the back have been flipped or not, but they stick out wider than the front so I would think it's likely. The tires seem readily available from just about anywhere for 300$+/-.

I don't know much about the paint other than that the krylon camo ultra flat green matches well enough. The camera has more to do with the forest green look than the paint does I figure. I was thinking about painting it camo in the manner specified in the TM but feel that the OD is easier to maintain for now.

I keep reading the TM's on the truck and learn new stuff everyday from those and posts on here. The engine seems sound and always starts with one press of the starter button, the only diesel I've experienced previously that started this quick was on a yacht that had a system dedicated to increasing the compression for starting.

Wehring who is on here somewhere is most responsible for teaching me how to operate and check basic maintenance on the M35, without him I would have had a rougher time getting it home. We're supposed to convoy to louisiana for the rally Tim is hosting.