• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

snorkel project

TeamAL2.5

Well I was playing around in the garage going through my old race car stuff. When I was throwing out exhaust tubing I found a section of straight 4". After just seeing a video on youtube of a deuce going completely underwater in an old U.S. Army "news reel" clip I had a prophecy. IT NEEDS A SNORKEL!!! Now I can say this truck will likely never see more than a puddle. However, it doesnt mean we cant look like we're ready for some serious swimming.

Attachments

Last edited:

jwaller

now you just need to add the pipe for the draft tube and run your inlet for the air compressor to the air filter can.

UpstateNYer

:?:I am planning on doing something similar soon. Is there any issue with the intake being at the same height as the exhaust, as far as the intake pulling in exhaust when not moving?

Westech

CPL
ok it looks like a great fab/install, really good work. I have seen some **** before. But my question ..your going to drown before the truck does. Is a underwater breathing kit next? :p

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good but should probably be 4-6" lower so it's not next to exhaust.

dc3coyote

No you just need to do something like this.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixnhfysEEDg&feature=fvsr[/media]
This is what Darwin waits for.

bprzyw

Very nice video

:-D:-D:-DWOW, 3 thumbs up for that video!!! Have a 1972 M35A2 for a number of years, recently found this site. Put the two together, and now i want to build!! Any one else from the Scranton, PA area?

scooter01922

Wheelie van......wow......i love daves farm. Best vids on youtube :) Its all the stuff you would do IF you were really drunk and in the middle of nowhere canada with waaaaay too much time on your hands.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks