• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snow in Texas, so took the M1010 for a cruise

K9Vic

Today it snowed here in North Texas and is still snowing at this time with about 2-3" in my area. So since this is a rare occasion and I have a new to me M1010 4X4 I figured I would test drive it in the snow. It handled well and even a few people waved to me with a thumbs up when I was at Texas Motor Speedway. I guess they knew what it was, or just thought it was a cool truck to see. I think I drove about 70 miles today just driving around town. So I took a few pictures and have shared them with the board.

Oh and it is running much better now after the Sea Foam for those that know my other post. It started up well in 30degrees and after about 50 miles I noticed it was getting quicker response from null to speed.

Anyways, first picture is shortly after the snow started and then stopped for fuel before getting to Texas Motor Speedway.

Attachments

niferous

It sleeted down here and filled up some mud holes out at the ranch so I figured I would go test the 4x4. Plus I installed new Monroe shocks and wanted to try those out off road too. The 4x4 worked great and the truck never even thought about getting stuck. The road headed out was flooded and I was going through water so deep it the rear tires were kicking water in that hole for the radio cables in the back. Anyway I snapped a few pictures while I had it stopped looking at some hog traps and then at one of our ponds looking at some spots that nutria rats are getting at.

My new BFG All Terrains did well. Just wanted to add some good Texas CUCV cold weather pics! :beer:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks