• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

snow plow question?

blackhueys

Anyone know if a plow off of a 79 Chevy pick up would fit on my m1009? Found a good deal on one complete setup but want to see if it would fit first. Not looking to have to buy anything else. It comes with the truck which is junk I just want the plow setup off the truck. here is a picture of the truck.

Attachments

ranchhopper

Yes it will fit you will have to draw the power for the pump from the 12 volt side of the battery or it will fry your pump I just bought a 1009 from the gsa Im thinking of doing the same thing it helps to add another leaf on the front springs.

blackhueys

Ok good to hear. I figured it would but wanted to ask first. It would be a good deal for me as the owner is only asking 1400 for the truck with plow beats buying new even if I would have fix a hose or seal. Plus I can part the truck out and maybe make some money back.

MarcusOReallyus

Man, that's a DEAL! Even if the pump is shot, that's a deal!

You can probably get at least $200 for the truck as scrap, after you pull off the plow. :beer:

I'd love to come across one like that myself...

blackhueys

That's what I thought! Think I will call the guy tomorrow and go take a look only about 20 minutes from me might be longer depending on how the weather is supposed to be turning crappy tonight and tomorrow.

blackhueys

Another question for you all, do you think the front springs can handle the weight I know that they are pretty robust already but want to make sure. If I need to upgrade what do you suggest for an upgrade? I would wait till warmer weather so might only plow a few months without upgraded springs. I am only going to be doing 2 or 3 small drive ways total of maybe a city block long in total.

Dirty1

Is it a complete hydraulic setup or is it electric hydraulic? What size plow? Mine is an 8' and the m1008 handles it just fine. Add about 750lbs to the back and it is a tank!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks