• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

snow plows

colyork

Did the military ever put plows on the duece,5 ton etc.?I know it can be done but I have never seen one at gl with plow set up. Just wondering?

westfolk

I haven't seen any, other than what someone put together. I don't think they had them. They always have those OshKosh, FMC, Sicard(Snowblaster) trucks. The closest would be this 1964 Sicard Snowmaster jr. I have. Originally had a rear engine and front blower. They modified it and put a 11ft road plow on the front. Has fulltime 4wd, right-hand steering, non-synchro 4 speed tranny w/converter. You can put it in any gear and then stand on the brakes just like an auto. The truck(the company calls it a "tractor") is onlt 5ft wide.

Attachments

cmech2003

I know there is a M35A2C, at Havre De Grace, MD with a 10 foot plow and a sand spreader in the bed at the motor pool used for clearing the base. It is all neat and tidy with 24 volt system throughout.

JimM37

Did the military ever put plows on the duece,5 ton etc.?I know it can be done but I have never seen one at gl with plow set up. Just wondering?
Yes they did back in the late 50s and 60s but ended up using purpose built plows made by Oshkosh and Walter and FWD.Pg33.jpgPg29.jpgPg30.jpgPg31.jpgPg32.jpgHere's some photos from an old report showing a couple different kind
Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks