• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snowplow

Staffsargent

There is a town by me that has 2 dueces with plows. I stopped by one day and asked how they worked in the snow. The forman told me that the dueces work great in a straight line, but if you have to turn a corner the trucks just go straight. The 6 wheel drive and the wieght of the plow doesn't let you turn a corner. He also said that the plow has to be raised than you turn the truck, than lower the plow and go again.
To much work for a duece. Stick with a smaller truck.

J2H

Country, I was thinking of swinging over to your deuce place when I return from downrange if my luck on GL is bad

bnbrown

The reluctance to steer is something I have heard before, figured I could counter it some by chaining the fronts up real heavy... luckily where we get the most snow the road is flat, just happens to run right across the top of a north facing hill, so when the wind picks up it piles all the snow on the road.
Dave, I have looked at that truck probably once a month to see if it is still on your site... the shipping is the killer, 1700 miles and fuel prices the way they are.

country

Supporting Vendor
the plow would probably work nicely on a 5 ton if soemone wanted us to move it over

shipping is a killer today, but we can still get some decent backhaul rates if you are not ina rush to receive the item you are shipping

Dave

bnbrown

Dave, are those units hydraulic powered off the crank? are they manual angle or fixed?
just answered my own questions looking closer at the pics on your site 8)
I see it is electric hydraulics and manual angle.

m109guy

No one just sells a plow kit made for a deuce. You have to either make your own, or pull one off an existing truck that has one which would fit.

Would just be cheaper and less trouble to buy a truck with one installed. Eastern surplus has two for sale:

2.5 Ton version:
http://www.easternsurplus.net/403.html

5 Ton version:
http://www.easternsurplus.net/458.html

Dave is a great guy to deal with and I am sure he could find something for you.

Somemedic

Some Einstein said the first thing he'd do if he were me would be to put a plow on my deuce and make some money. I have plowed with a pick up that was an automatic and it was a pain. It even had power steering. I told him he should try taking my truck for a ride and notice the smooth steering, how easy it shifted, and that oven like cab heater. He couldnt even steer it out of the fire stations parking lot, nancyboy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks