• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So, anyone need some 6LT's? (humorous pic, not serious)

Low-Tech-Redneck

Guy who works as a battery expert for the local University sent this to my Dad, who forwarded it to me. According to the source the battery man got the image from, these are all DEAD batteries used up by the troops over in Iraq.

NEIOWA

Exide has a factory near me where they make their 6TL. Very busy piece of business the last few years. Heat really kills lead acid batteries. Which reminds me I need to call Exide for some 6TL seconds for our Fire Dept.

mudguppy

they'll never be on GL. they'll just recycle them with the contract they have w/ exide. i had a battery shop in my unit. it used to be the only battery shop in the southeast (when at Ft. Stewart) but it is no more. they don't rebuild them anymore. "it's much easier to buy the new batteries." uh huh. and exactly HOW LONG do those batteries last and HOW MUCH did you pay for them? :roll:

TiredIron

Easy answer for Battery Disposal........

This is one of those "Easy- No Brainers".......Get these batteries loaded and transported out to the Flight line.....load them into the C-130's...or C5 Galaxys.....have Intelligence load the lastest GPS coordinances of the "Hot Areas" ...or suspected Un-Friendllys. Make your runs at about 20,000 AGL....once over the target areas....lower the rear ramp door and start a slow even dispersal of the batteries. Think about the energy and distructive power a battery falling from 20,000ft would generate. Good cause....cheap bombs....recycling at its best.
TiredIron

Low-Tech-Redneck

RE: Easy answer for Battery Disposal........

50 pounds hitting you at terminal velocity, and full of acid, never thought of it that way.....

gbooth

With the price of lead now days they will probaby Re-cycle them. I know that the 6 volt junk batterys out of my golf cars jump from $3.00 each to $9.00 in 2 months. I just re-cycled 275 6 volt cores.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Old batts are worth something? I'l love to get rif of the stacks of 6TLs I have. Think I got 8 or so!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks