• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal CAMP DIRTBAG Spring run

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did some Dirtbag preps today - me and the boy ground all the rust out of the bed of the M105 trailer, coated it with rust convertor and then sprayed it with some leftover flat tan latex. He took a special interest since that's where he'll be sleeping.

Next we need to prep the outside, but I'll spray bomb that. Then pull the hubs, fix the parking brakes and figure out why it won't bleed brake fluid.

I guess as long as the parking brakes work, and the bearings are lubed good, I'm not going to sweat the trailer brakes. I think the deuce can handle an empty M105 ok.

hole

Let me know so I can get the day off. Where do you go to get the wood? Do we need saws and stuff or is it cut already?
I called the ranger station this morning, but the road to the wood is still closed because of rains, and they arent sure when it will open. When it opens, we do need saws. Most of the logs are 18-24 inch across and 12 + feet long

hole

Looks like you'll be covering some ground that weekend Mark:p. I sure wish the rain would pick another day out of the week to beat on. Seems like it has rained every weekend since New Years :x I didnt even bother to call the Ranger station once I heard the forecast, maybe next weekend for some wood gathering...

hole

The rangers have closed the road until further notice due to the rains. They wont open it until the rains have stopped and the road deemed safe.

hole

Unfortunatly, we arent the ones they need to worry about. Its the Astro Van loaded with Illegal Aliens who dont have the common sense God gave bugs who screw it up for the rest of us. Good news is theres no rain in the 10 day forecast so maybe the road will open for next weekend. I'll keep calling this week to see.

lainez11

wow that looks like alot of fun!!! so were is this? in barstow cool not to far from me!! but me and my old man only have our cj7's still saving for a bobbed duce!!! is this a duce/ millitary truck only thing?? I sure would love to show my old man what those thing can really do!! if its one thing i miss from the Army its playin with all the cool toys!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't wait!!! Still got WAY too many things to do though. Don't think Jake is gonna make it this trip, he's going to Texas for a Skills USA competition. If he doesn't go I might just crash in the trailer. I might have a new AR by then!!

armytruck63

I just found out that I am getting hammered on taxes this year, so if I make the trip, it will have to be the economy version. Maybe my son and I will come up for one day in the M1009 with some sweeping tools.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm bringing two friends (20 and 12) and they'll drive my little truck up with the camper on the back. Boys are gonna sleep in the M105 trailer and that leaves the deuce free to go wheelin' - a problem last time with us sleeping in it. Bringing quads too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks