• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal CAMP DIRTBAG Spring run

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know getting off at Kenwood, but you have to get back on at 138. How else do you get over the hill? I am interested in learning, but I don't have an issue with the 15.

deuceaid

Banned
I know getting off at Kenwood, but you have to get back on at 138. How else do you get over the hill? I am interested in learning, but I don't have an issue with the 15.
well there is the old budist monk road, and another ( dead dog pass( dont ask) from lytle, and 138 up to silverwood,,, The trains follow (138 east) the lower grades over the pass,,,, more twisty, better suited to the lower gears!!

hole

I brought home all the scrap wood from the job last night, filled the entire bed of my F250. It might be enough to keep us warm for a couple of hours:)

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a mess of logs and there is a bunch of wood at the Museum that needs to go. The are doing freeway work by my house. They have cut trees into nice chunks, that was done about 5 months ago, should be good to go, just gotta get there before they go home for the day so I can ask.

hole

If I'm going to spend an hour in traffic ( each way ) every day, I prefer the comforts of my Ford. I take the Deuce to work from time to time, it depends on my job location.

hole

Well folks, we're just three weeks away from Dirtbag fat lady singsfat lady sings !! Been stocking up on those widget thingies for my clean up tools. This is always one of my favorite times of the year, cant wait!! I'm planning on going out thursday in the morning to secure our site. I'm thinking that we dont need the signs this time because its pretty easy to find, but if enough people want them, I'll put them up.

hole

My wifes been asking when I could take her out to the desert to clean up, so last sat we went out to camp Dirtbag. Except for an old tire someone left behind, the place looked great. Since we're only 10 days away ( for me anyways) thought we could start the "I'm in" countdown.

998Junkie

I'm in, not sure if I'll be sleeping in the trailer or the front seat again, I'd like to be there on Friday but it might be Saturday again...

I still have a lot to do.;-)

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in with my boy and two family friends. Meeting Phil at the bottom of the pass at noon Friday.

msisco

Trying to get my new truck to meet you guys!

Hi All. I just found this website and thread. I just purchased my first MV. Yesterday I picked up a 1954' M54 cargo truck. I would like to come stop by and visit for a few coldies and help clean up if that's cool? Is this an open invite if you "fit in"? How many vehicles are going out on this trip?I think I could blend well after reading some of this thread.

I am also interested in tapping in the group for some help with my new rig. What a rush picking up the rig yesterday! My only issue is this truck sat for 5/6 years I think. The fuel pump seemed to be loosing prime while driving it. After I killed the power a few times the pump would reprime and I was good to go for a little while then it stalled out again. I pulled the fuel pump last night and could see the fuel looked like swamp watter! Awesome, 40 gallons of bad fuel! Anyways I hope to try to rebuild the fuel pump and change all the filters Friday night after work in Lucern. One of my biggest problems is that I don't have filters or a fuel pump incase I can't rebuild it.

Hundy, I was going to swing by yesterday but I had two flats and several stalls on my way to Lucern with the new truck. Sorry about that.

Does anyone have a filter set or fuel pump for a 1954' 5 ton M54. It's the multifuel model. Can the filters be purchased at a Napa type autoparts store?

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place. I am trying to get to the Spring Run but need some help with the new rig. It's located about 20 minutes from the camp site. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Here is a pick of the rig after I picked it up yesterday.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

hole

msisco, welcome to SS! Your more than welcome to join us, all are welcome ! You can try Antelope Valley Truck Parts for a local source for parts, they have alot of parts in stock and can overnite them to you if needed. I see you already know Mark, he's good guy with alot of knowledge. Also send WillWagner a pm, another very helpfull person with knowledge of these beasts. Keep us posted and hope to see you next week!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto: on Antelope Valley. They are not cheap, but you will have the parts the next day if you are in Ca. Filters and such can be had at NAPA, but most of the ones I have visited have the filters but no can gaskets. The stuff from AVTE will have the correct gaskets in with the filters. Nice lookin' truck! Hope you can make it out. Even if the truck doesn't make it, cruze out to say howdy!

RDUKW

Hi msisco,

Nice looking truck! I guess that is why you never made it by to get your trailer the other day. If the fuel filters are the same i may have a set of multifuel deuce fuel filters at my house you can borrow and just replace them when you get a chance.

Ryan