• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal CAMP DIRTBAG Spring run

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm meeting Phil (Barneyszoo) at noon Friday near the start of the grade. Pulling a M105 with the deuce and will have a friend driving my 3/4 ton with the pick up camper right behind.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post up directions again or are you gonna make me dig up an old thread??

I'm loaded and ready to go. Just need a little food and more rum.

BLK HMMWV

directions

15 north
Stoddard Wells Bell Mountain exit.
Across from Dirt Pyramid on the other side of the freeway.
Turn left bottom of the ramp.
Go approx 2-3 miles .
Cross RR tracks .
Come to Dale Evan.
Cross Dale Evans.
Road turns to dirt.
Stay on this road Approx7-8 miles.
Big sweeping left turn.
Look for Lucern Valley Cutoff coming in from Right .
Turn right go 2 mile camp on right.

34 degrees 40' 44.02" N
117 degrees 4' 47.85" W

I'm sure it will come back to you once your on the dirt.
BH

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
15 N to Stoddard Wells Rd/Bell Mtn exit. Left at the end of the ramp. Follow the road, over the RR trax, to the stop sign at SWR and Dale Evans, apx 5 mi. Go through the stop, the road turns to dirt. go apx 5 miles...maybe a bit more... and you'll drop into a valley, flat on the left, hills on the right. The road will start to make a gradual left turn. There is a street sign...the ONLY one in the dez...Lucerne Valley Cut Off. Turn right, go 1 1/2 miles, look right or just listen We are there!

papaydsailor

hi guys, can i join you guys with my humvee on saturday? i cannot get a dayoff from work till saturday ill bring some MRE that i took home from our reserve training last week. but definitely will join the SCMVCC May 2 Rt 66 convoy to ghost town because its on my scheduled leave.

BLK HMMWV

Love to have another HMMWV
Sure come on out .

You need to spend the night and have some shovel weenies .
MRE's !! What kind of a group you think we are ??

CC

Last edited:

hole

Foot note, as of last weekend the Lucerne Valley Cutoff Street sign was down. At this turn I will put up the Dirtbag sign pointing the way:cool:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you said something....I mighta got lost :arrow:

WHO ORDERED THE RAIN???

My neighbor threw out a pink barbie jeep....missed it, the scrap guy got it, gotta have a talk with that guy!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have about 35 gallons of brand new chevron ATF in a 50 gallon steel drum. Anyone want it to burn in their duece? I was running it in my truck before I sold it. Comes with a hand pump and hose, all for free! Let me know and I will bring it out as I'm tired of looking at it.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found a leaky front wheel cylinder on the deuce. Got it apart and I'm trying to source parts. Anyone know if Erik's in Escondido has a store front?

How well do the NAPA kits work? It doesn't "look bad", I think it could handle a rebuild ok. It's not rusty, or gummy or crappy inside.

Any help would be appreciated - we can't miss Dirtbag!!