• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal CAMP DIRTBAG Spring run

BLK HMMWV

updates

Well it looks like most of the crew made it out today.
Weather report from Will and Hole is it was beautiful today with a slight breeze. Tomorrow should be even better.
Who is left in town besides me. ?

I hear crickets!!!

I'm heading out around 5:30 AM tomorrow

BH

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Home safe. Came back with Jim - dropped him off at his exit safely. Only problem the whole weekend for me was one flat at the camp site.

Barneyszoo

Ya it was good training, I'll post the video after I edit it and I get release forms from everyone, haha NOT. We gotta show the east coasters we don't do mud bogs in SoCal.

TheRecorder

I saved some nails I found for Souvenirs for those who had a flat, plus tons of pictures an video of the events which will be edited into a DVD for those who would like one.

GOOD TIMES ! @ Camp DB 2010

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jim has a mess. He PMed me and is putting it together as we speak. I wanna see what it looked like from out of the truck.
A BIG thanks to all of you, could not have got right without you.

Truck ran good as ever on the way home, no shakes or shimmys. Had a giant rock wedged in between the DS rears, took a bit to get ti out. That is some hard rock! :hammer:

Oh yeah, gotta take the "no worries" sticker off :doh:

BLK HMMWV

Dirt Bag the saga

Problem what problem??

"Who me worried"

Well In a nut shell what a good bunch of people.
Thanks to all who came out and made it special.

Pull in at 4:30 tired hot and a little dirty.

Looking forward to a few pictures .
BH aka CC

offroadrunner

All in all another great trip. My thanks to (hole) Will for the chance to drive his deuce (and answering all my "newb" questions about off-roading it). Thanks to George (BH, aka CC) for answering my questions about his HMMWV and (as always) for supplying and letting us play with all his cleanup toys. And Devin for giving us all a lift out to the mine (hope we didn't leave too much dog-hair in your truck) - thanks. And of course to WillWagner for organizing/planning this trip; especially for providing us all our "training opportunity" for this trip - made it look easy too (well... no-one got any big owies, and no significant vehicular damage occurred - BTW: how's your winch line?). Put me down for a copy of any&all videos/pictures - can't wait.
Met a lot of other good people too - some I knew, many I didn't (so many I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to keep all their names straight) that really makes the whole experience an excellent one. Thanks to all.

Last edited:

papaydsailor

nice seeing you all and meeting a bunch of wonderful people personally and your MV and clean up toys specially George (BH) for inviting me. me and my son had fun joining you guys to that nice place to take my MV to go offroad and use my cleanup toy for the day. i wasnt able to stay for the night because i noticed my tire was loosing air. i thought i was the only one who had a flat tire cause first i wasnt sure were i got it. thank you all

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks