• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal CAMP DIRTBAG Spring run

hole

I got the sign at the Y , thanks for picking up the other one. Got home safe, tired and dirty. Just proof of a GOOD time :) . I only took a few pics, and the ones I took were in the same spots that everyone else took pics. If I can figure out how to get them off the camera , I'll post them. Otherwise I have to wait for my wife to help me:oops:, and by then most of you will have posted up the pics anyways. Thank you to all the SS members and George's Crew for making Dirtbag great !

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More pics to come, got a link to Erics photo site and will edit his personal family pics out. If I can't get them directly to my puter, I will link them to a photo bucket acct.

To all, please do not post pics of the "tools" we had, please link them from another place, rules is rules, and if we did it here they would go away.

I gotta say, the pics don't look as bad as the dam thing felt! It still was a steep angle and had to pick the corn from my shorts!!

I didn't take any pics, only video. I'll link my YouTube acct for those, might not be 'till this w-end though.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I guess technicaly it IS a stuck Jeep on the hill, only about 20 yards down the POS hill! I gave that place the one finger salute as we left. I have been in that same spot a few times with no issues with the deuce and my P/U. The only thing I saw different is that there were surveying stakes all over the mine area. Maybe the road was torn up from other vehicles up there? Donno, but there will be no more trips to that particular place, two screw ups in one year is too much. Next time we need to go to the Slash-X.

Dam, didn't even have the shovel weenies 'cause of that mishap!

TheRecorder

Camp DB DVD is complete. It's nothing fancy, just a Record of events.
For those who attended, send me a PM with an address so I can send you a copy. Run time approx. 2hrs 11 min.

Me.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks everyone :beer:,
Here's some photos from our point of view,
early camp,
some of our day exploring,
and some of the training

till next time :driver:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

998Junkie

Looking at the training pictures it doesn't look that steep but I lost my balance a few times moving around (and it wasn't all the beer's fault).

I'm sorry I was only out for one night, next time I'm telling the in-laws to get a cab from the Airport :twisted:.

Last edited by a moderator:

msisco

Failed Misson

Well, I kind of made it this year although no one was awake to verify I actually made it out. I got to the camp in my 95' range rover towing the new M105 for the 5 Ton but by the time I got to camp it was around midnight or later and it looked like everyone was sleeping already. I saw a small fire but didn't want to get to close that late and bum anyone out. If you were awake and saw some HID lights at the camp 100yrds out that was me.

I started working on me M54 5 ton in the morning and by the late afternoon I finally gave into the fact the truck wasn't going to make it to see you with my rig. The in tank fuel pump would only get me a few miles at a time before it cut out and made the truck die out. I was really bummed out I couldn't make it. Looks like you all had a great time. I am looking forward to hooking up with you all soon. When is the next outing? I live in Costa Mesa, Ca and the truck is 20 minutes from Camp Dirt Bag in Lucerne. It's out by Marks' (HUNDY)

OH! And if anyone has any leads on an intank fuel pump I could really use one.

Sincerely,
Bummed...

Last edited:

hole

msisco, no worries, we'll be back there again in the fall. As for your fuel pump, keep an eye out for a thread about going to the Bros in Fontana. They will probably have what you need

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lowtech- the M109A3 in the third picture- that is the sister truck to mine! My truck is # F-85. Cool... thanks for the photos
That's Elise's camper. It will be getting a full build in the back before long.

Have you tracked it's history? Are they from the same place?
Maybe they will park side by side again one day.

I'm recovering mine next tues, cargo bed w/ a S-280 in the back. Can't take being a passenger :-( Next trip out may be 2 trucks and 2 M-105s.

Will be posting a build thread on here, . . . so stay tuned.
Some of my other builds are on the link in my signature.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks