• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal CAMP DIRTBAG Spring run

markmontana

That's Elise's camper. It will be getting a full build in the back before long.

Have you tracked it's history? Are they from the same place?
Maybe they will park side by side again one day.
No telling where they've been in their early lives but here's where they retired from:

181st Brigade Support Battalion of the 
81st Brigade Combat Team (Heavy)
Team Motto: "We Support The Mission"

MISSION STATEMENT-
Federal Mission: On Order the 181 Support Battalion will mobilize and deploy in order to plan and supervise logistics and combat health service support operations for the 81st Brigade Combat Team.
State: On order the 181st Support Battalion provides support to the 81st Brigade Combat Team in operations directed by the State to support civil agencies that have the primary responsibility to protect life and property, and preserve the peace, order and public safety.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the EPIC 2 hour DVD from Jim aka The recorder today - WOW!

998Junkie

SO will....stuck once in the day and once in the dark or was it one loooooonnngggg day?rofl
Went for a late afternoon drive to the mine. Not really stuck but started sliding sideways on that slippery hill, looked bad so we spent a while trying to figure out a safe way to get the truck back on the road. When it got dark we tried one last time, then called it a day and went back to camp for the night.

We got dirty but no one was hurt, Will's truck was fine and we got an Epic DVD as a result.[thumbzup]

Major Asstyrd

Looks like a fun event, but wondering why it's scheduled the same week as the largest annual MV flea market in the West (Tower Park meet)? It's not the same type of event but it's been a must-attend thing since 1977 for many MV people, especially those who need to buy or sell things, or like to see a wide variety of MVs. Some people want to do both events.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I think this was covered in a prior post. This is a weekend event. TP is a few hundred miles away. No fires, no off roading. Some of us only have the weekend to get away. Dirtbag is close, we can have fires, use our rakes and shovels, get stuck and such. It wasn't scheduled in conflict, just was a weekend that we all could get away for a few days at the same time. I think this last time out was the 8th trip out?

Where are you on the left coast? There will be another camp DB commig in the fall.

998Junkie

There will be another camp DB commig in the fall.
Do tell!!:)

I passed my class A on Wednesday so I'm ready and legal. The trailer needs a lot of work, I have a leaking brake cylinder, lighting re-wire, rear door hinge adjustment and a roof re-panel job. I'll have my cleaning tools cleaned and ready.:beer:

Major Asstyrd

Well, I think this was covered in a prior post. This is a weekend event. TP is a few hundred miles away. No fires, no off roading. Some of us only have the weekend to get away. Dirtbag is close, we can have fires, use our rakes and shovels, get stuck and such. It wasn't scheduled in conflict, just was a weekend that we all could get away for a few days at the same time. I think this last time out was the 8th trip out?

Where are you on the left coast? There will be another camp DB commig in the fall.
I understand. Some MVCC members organize off-road events up north too. Camp Roberts in May, Ruffin' It guys-only 3 niter in June in the mountains east of Oroville, some less-advertised things. Camp Delta at Tower Park is a flea market and socializing, some organized displays, putting around camp, cushy-camping, and a **** of a lot of MVs, but it's not an off road event at all and not even a good road driving event once you're there unless you like fast two-lane trips raiding Delta "watering holes." There are plenty of fires, but they have to be in raised pits because the peat soil can burn underground after we leave.

But it's been the unofficial West Coast MV Meet for decades and an unfortunate conflict for some people who want to do both. A couple of them posted earlier. And no doubt others don't speak up. I'll bet there are folks in Bakersfield or Fresno that would definately do both. Just my 2 cents.

The smaller Fall version at the same place near Lodi is 9/19-26/2010. The Spring meet is always the third week of April. Next year it is 4/17-24-2011. Fall is less crowded but is the second largest annual MV gathering and flea market in the West. I'm in the SF Bay Area and always do both of these events but my job includes driving trips to SoCal and Las Vegas in a pickup so I might drag a jeep down to check out your meet someday.

Eric's hifim37

Tower Park aka Camp Delta is exactly what you say but we must understand, I have military vehicles I 4X4 here in the desert and I have very nice stuff I don't want to mess up so Tower Park is the place to show off my work and yes it is a great place to have military vehicle conversations and see friends. I think it is worth the drive, I drive 8 hours to get there. As for the 4X4ing I have a playground here in the desert that could excess 750,000 acres of prime offroading so I get to do both and I love it. I can say since I have lived here for the past 25 years I do see areas being closed off so someday Tower might be the only way to use my military vehicles so I'll restore all of them and just show them.

Eric..

TheRecorder

Camp Dirt Bag and Tower Park Rule!
This is a great event to go to/participate in with your MV as well.

Chino Air Show

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO72bYmiv3w[/media]

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do tell!!:)

I passed my class A on Wednesday so I'm ready and legal. The trailer needs a lot of work, I have a leaking brake cylinder, lighting re-wire, rear door hinge adjustment and a roof re-panel job. I'll have my cleaning tools cleaned and ready.:beer:
Where'd you road test test at?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I understand the question, The Montebello DMV office. The school I went to picked the DMV office, I would have preferred Arleta which is close to home, I work near Ladera hieghts so I think the closest commercial DMV test center would have been Torrance.
I'm looking to go to Torrance for the road test. I wish Inglewood did CDL testing... much closer to home. BTW...I used to patrol Ladera Heights, View Pk and Windsor Hills.

Was the tester a real stickler at Montebello?