• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So easy a girl can do it....driver training results.

joeinaforest

Ok, some videos from driver training this morning with my two daughters:

One of Dee, who I might add is ready for OTR driving, she did great! Only a couple of stalls and she has never driven a stick before, she is 18.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Q5AP3OVvU

And a couple of Beth (15).

The first one is her being aggravated because I’m videoing her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqipgM6Z5m0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL She hit the bumps but didn’t succeed in bouncing me off, LOL

And, this one of her driving “around the track”, and I was proud she hit the shift from 2nd to 3rd as she had been having a tough time on that one, but she hasn’t even had drivers ed yet!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAbtYZvwwPY&feature=autoplay&list=UL_DlK-ShTUYk&index=19&playnext=1

After about 50 circuits around the field…it was starting to get dusty. I think the grass is dead, LOL.

Anyway, the girls had a great time!

joeinaforest

Tlauden, yeah, I think one with an comm shack is next... And, we do live in redneck land (I are one, LOL) and I've been BEGGED to come pick them up at school sometime....there is a whole row of pickum up truck drivers at the school that would have a drool moment...LOL

59apache

Chipmaker
doing good!
tell her not to grab from inside of the steering wheel. if she hit something with the fronttire , the steering wheel kicks back and the spoke break her hand.

paulfarber

I guess the blooper reel will include the part where they try to parallel park and back up with an M105 trailer?

Its good they have an interest in more than the internet.

joeinaforest

The internet aint all bad eh? After all.....we are all staring at it right now :)

Well, we cut the cable a couple of years ago, and since we have only an old tv, we now have no tv. We still have netflix and enjoy it, but TV is a waste of time. Lots of reading done around our house. Oh, and actual WORK, as in we accomplish things. Something our parents almost all did, but something we have lost as a society...lost sitting on our keesters watching stupidity on tv...everything from pointless sporting contests (most "americans" know the stats of some sports player....almost ZERO Americans know whats in the 4th amendment) to complete "unreality" tv...

A little entertainment is fine, and hey, our MV's are often that for us, but ALL entertainment? Hard to keep a people Free and engaged in the pursuit of Liberty when they have become lazy and expect 24x7 entertainment instead of the "animating contest".

two.fiveM35

Great job, they did what a lot of boys can't do. Saw a girl once and her licience plate frame said "this chick drives a stick". I thought it was cool.

A

A/C Cages

I took my wife out to the mudpit to teach her how to drive my deuce.
8 trees, 3 ditches, lots of scrub oaks, and stump later, she got pretty good at it.
And people wondered why I took her to the mudpit to learn?

91W350

I have two deuces to pick up at Riley, need a second driver.... Seriously though, they looked liked they were having fun and fun times spent with Dad are times we never forget. Wish I had done more with Dad when I still could. Wish I had more time with my boys than I did..... Enjoy these good times, my daughter drove my M715s, but I have not had a chance to get her rolling in a deuce yet. She is a couple hundred miles away, pursuing her own life as a teacher now. Thanks for sharing a few moments with the rest of the "Dads" around here. Glen

indy4x4fab

Banned
Give them a pat on the back from all of us here at SS, I have a 18 month old and a 4.5 year old (going on 18 or so she thinks), I hope to teach my girls how to drive one to one day, but first I need to teach my wife how to drive one (talk about a challenge). If I can do that my daughters will be a walk in the park.

tbearatkin

doing good!
tell her not to grab from inside of the steering wheel. if she hit something with the fronttire , the steering wheel kicks back and the spoke break her hand.
:ditto::ditto: Please break that habit of hers now before she gets a broke hand. It will only take once and she will learn it the hard way not to do that.

Both of them look like they have the hang of it. Next you can teach them how to shift without the clutch.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, not to be the party pooper, but riding on the running board with a new driver might not be the best idea. Accidents can happen, and I don't think you'd want your daughters to experience something happening to you while they were driving. Just my 2 cents.
But anyway, maybe I'll use this to motivate my daughters to learn to drive the deuce. Be safe.

aaron379

Ok, some videos from driver training this morning with my two daughters:

One of Dee, who I might add is ready for OTR driving, she did great! Only a couple of stalls and she has never driven a stick before, she is 18.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Q5AP3OVvU

And a couple of Beth (15).

The first one is her being aggravated because I’m videoing her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqipgM6Z5m0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL She hit the bumps but didn’t succeed in bouncing me off, LOL

And, this one of her driving “around the track”, and I was proud she hit the shift from 2nd to 3rd as she had been having a tough time on that one, but she hasn’t even had drivers ed yet!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAbtYZvwwPY&feature=autoplay&list=UL_DlK-ShTUYk&index=19&playnext=1

After about 50 circuits around the field…it was starting to get dusty. I think the grass is dead, LOL.

Anyway, the girls had a great time!
Not to be nosy but have you had that truck long or did you get it about 4 months ago? I was going to buy a truck from indiana just like that

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks