• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So far!

cfish

My batteries sit in the original battery spot. They even use the brackets that held the original batteries in place. The trays have been upgraded to the Optima trays to keep the batteries in place.

stampy

I could provide a picture but two red tops fit together in the tray just fine. I used the tray closest to the firewall so my cold air intake would be clear. I put a small air gap between them and clamped them down with the original hardware. If you are standing in front of the truck they are placed one right in front of the other in the tray. I left the cabling the same. They work great and I have no issues. The only recommendation I would make is to get a plastic straw and insulate the screw down points on the battery tray. I cut the straw about 1/2" higher than the end of the threaded piece. I was jumping off a truck when one of the cables slipped......BIG SMOKEY! So I tried to insulate anything that could cause a ground out

stampy

No I need to get the camera out. If you stand in front of the truck there is a knock out on the passenger side of the front behind the plastic grille. I knocked it out and picked up a A/C duct fitting that is basically the size of the hole with bendable "fingers" so I flattened them against both sides of the sheet metal Then i bought a plastic flexible/ extend able hose at Auto Zone and the rubber fitting I Heared and stretched to fit over my CUCV's air intake. The other end I just put in the duct opening with a little foam rubber to secure it.

jongainey

Ok I looked at the truck last night and saw what you are talking about. also what size/type of redtop did you get to fit? sorry as I am a newbie to the CUCV world but am looking to jump headfirst into it.

stampy

The Red top battery is a gell cell (rugged) Optima battery. There is no difference in size, as the top is red it is one size. They are however, high $ batteries. I just happened to be lucky one day... and I'll just leave it at that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks