• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

so i bought this, what can i do with it?

ODdave

so yea, i was bored and messing around on craigslist and came across this HALE P250 pump. I couldnt find anything else to buy on cl so i decided why not? well now i have it and know nothing about it other than its for pumping water lol. I just wondered if anybody on here knew anything about them.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, the good old P250s. Made for shipboard fire fighting and de-watering. We use a few but then we got the P100s. Diesel, much easier to operate (no need to prime) plus you didn't have gasoline (or mogas) inside the skin of the ship.

jas67

The one picture that you posted stated "JP5 fueled". I would guess that it'll run on Diesel or kerosene too.

Is it a piston-engine or turbine powered thing?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, it could come in handy if Grand River overflows it's banks! rofl

NEIOWA

Great pump. Navy bastardized late ones with a propane injection system so could start on JP. Used same little size cartridges as the CO2 used in pellet rifles.

Engine is an OMC 2 cycle outboard powerhead. Out of business so engine parts are very difficult to find.

Go to: Our Unimog U1300L Firetruck

Not my project but guy did a nice job.

Strip off the propane stuff and convert back to 2cycle.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks