• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So simple Im embarrassed to ask..Trans cooler lines

ajsmith184

So I removed my radiator and had the rad shop recore it...It came apart easy...Going back together, I cant get the trans cooler lines to thread in to save my life...Neither one of them..The rad was repaired so the threads should be the same..no damage....Just cannot get it started at all..What am I doing wrong? Suggestions? Should I maybe run a tap through to clean out the threads just in case? Im baffled, and FRUSTRATED! :cookoo:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may have wiggle lines a few different ways to get the angle right . Just kinda hold the fitting to the threads and move the line a little till they catch , but screw in by hand . Don't cross-thread them .

MarcusOReallyus

What he said. The lines need to be at exactly the right angle or they bind up the nuts like they were epoxied. No need to run a tap. Just wiggle the lines around as you get the nuts started. You'll be putting some FINGER torque on the nuts while you wiggle the lines at the same time. You may find they turn just a bit at a time as you wiggle the lines. You are looking for that sweet spot where they will turn without binding.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
There are several threads on here reference folks replacing their radiators with the same issue. Suggest looking at those threads. They discuss something about mushrooming of the cooler lines.

I'm replacing my this coming weekend so I guess I'll find out soon enough

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On some of the new radiators, the opening is oh so slightly smaller that the original. The solution was to very lightly sand the tube down so it would slide into the opening.

rivcrazy2000

Yeah I couldn't get mine when I first tried it. Fussed with it for a while before calling it a night. Tried it the next day and got it no problem, just keep wiggling and trying they will eventually go in.

ajsmith184

Yeah I couldn't get mine when I first tried it. Fussed with it for a while before calling it a night. Tried it the next day and got it no problem, just keep wiggling and trying they will eventually go in.
That is what I did..Got angry, went in and had a beer...Sat there wondering how the heck something so simple was beating me, went out and got them both in under 1 minute....Odd.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got angry?

All you had to do was put the happy little line inside his friend,the threaded fitting.

Remember, "We don't make mistakes; we just have happy accidents"

Last edited:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
with us being males you would think it would be easy for us to put a male fitting into a female fitting maybe next time ask your wife or girl friend to go do it lol

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Darnit DH, that man COULD paint, ya know! LOL Your thread wouldn't be the first time I've gotten frustrated trying to start threads, but it sort of goes with me occupation.

God bless,
Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks