• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So, started the truck and Gen1 light came on...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had it rebuild for about 170, threw it in the truck today and it works fine. Ill go this route if it ever happens again.
Glad to hear you have it fixed. Good job!

$170 seems a little stout. My local shop charges ~$85.

For future info, what did they end up fixing?

Dabba

I forgot the name of it. It wasnt the regulator. it was whatever was behind the pos/neg hookups. Said it burned out. Also had to replace that little plug, because it was melted.

shkira

Dabba
So now that everything is working fine when you turn on high beams, fan to max, and any other electrical where does your voltmeter read? Doe sit stay centered in the green when you add load or does it drop to half way in the green (1/4) when add load?

Thanks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot the name of it. It wasnt the regulator. it was whatever was behind the pos/neg hookups. Said it burned out. Also had to replace that little plug, because it was melted.
That should be the rectifier. The big item with fins.

shkira

Thats what I recall before the shop "fixed - rebuilt" my alternators. When the caddie alt comes in then I will see how it behaves and what type of voltage readings I'm getting with that installed. For now the CUCV is driveable -- just not where I think it should be. Just can't bear the fact that I paid to have both alternators rebuilt and they are not perfect.

I'd have to go rummage for the receipts but it was pricey -- in line with what you paid. Wish could find a decent shop that was competent .

Last edited:

shkira

So sure enough with the Civilian test alternator the voltmeter pegs in the center of the green zone area of the gauge after the glow plugs shut off. Now I know that the rebuild isn't right. So back it goes for a 3rd time!