• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So, That Oracle Lighting M1079 at SEMA This Year....

Third From Texas

I like that rack.

I still plan to build my own, but this is nice. I like the weight factor of it being aluminum, but I'd wreck it on the first tree branch.

Still, for under $1500 with all the needed hardware it's a quick solution for those with the pockets.

Third From Texas

Those Pelicans are a sweet match for the rack,

They make a taller version as well (for the same price):

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 909038

And then I saw the inside. Which was NOT what I was expecting

No stripper pole !

FAIL

View attachment 909039
It may be in the ceiling we had them where they were hidden in the mirrored ceiling boxes and would extend out on their own till it would hinge at the last knuckle and the pin on the end went into a hole in the floor all on ball bearings real heavy duty in case a fat one climbed on !

Third From Texas

Interesting AC unit. Is that like a 24v minisplit? I like the idea of not adding a compressor to the engine. In the photos on their website it looks like a single fan condenser and electric compressor is mounted on the rear of the cab—
Yeah, it appears to be a little 24v mini split.

A couple people here actually run them in the cab or hab.

I haven't ordered mine yet, but I have one picked out on Ailexpress. If I'm happy with it in the cab, I'll add a second one for the hab to complement my little 5K 110v unit.

I like the way they painted the cover to match.

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, it appears to be a little 24v mini split.

A couple people here actually run them in the cab or hab.

I haven't ordered mine yet, but I have one picked out on Ailexpress. If I'm happy with it in the cab, I'll add a second one for the hab to complement my little 5K 110v unit.

I like the way they painted the cover to match.
Here is one with the same style compressor and condensor, different evaporator (head) unit—

[ EDIT — This looks like the unit they installed—]

Last edited:

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, note that they ship from China.

May as well use AliExpress and pick them up for $350-$400 ea
Right, though the Aliexpress units have a small compressor listed. I really like the CruisnComfort units, though $7,000 means pulling out the wallet in my front left pocket with my right hand: not happening—

Third From Texas

Right, though the Aliexpress units have a small compressor listed. I really like the CruisnComfort units, though $7,000 means pulling out the wallet in my front left pocket with my right hand: not happening—
They vary for sure. You have to watch for shipping when looking at Ali. As well as complete "kits". Some show only the two units, some show complete kits, most of the time they will tell you it's a complete kit.

But there aren't all that many of the little scroll compressors used. How they rate this stuff is sketch-af. Here's a $400 kit with the same 960w scroll compressor that's in the Amazon unit. As I said, they are all coming direct outta China.

Third From Texas

mini split or any other AC will have harder time cooling cab than the camper box. Less insulation and realistically cab is a solar oven.
True for those who don't address the insulation and window tint.

Interestingly, I've spoken to people who have done it though.

I chuckle when I see people in FB groups insisting that if you want to cool an LMYV cab you simply MUST have a 30,000btu Gen2. But they cool their entire habitat w/ only 5000btu.

I've also got vent fans to install that are on a thermal switch. They should assist in removing any hot air when not in use. And my plan is to hit the remote on the AC anytime I start to prep the truck for a drive.

I love a challenge, though.

My cab will be pretty well insulated. And tinted to a questionably legal limit. I'm even debating covering the rear windows completely and insulating them as well.

:)

Last edited:

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
mini split or any other AC will have harder time cooling cab than the camper box. Less insulation and realistically cab is a solar oven.
Certainly. My thought is an electric DC compressor will be more effective and efficient than one driven by AC or an engine driven compressor.
1– on a vehicle, not connected to shore power, a DC system avoids the loss of conversion to AC;
2– an electric compressor can run without the engine running full time;
3– properly installed adding battery packs is cheaper and more efficient than solar, and able to be recharged by shore power, solar and alternator;
4– running an alternator puts less stress on the engine than running an AC compressor;
5– if the cab is properly insulated, and shaded while not being operated, an electric system could likely keep the cab 'comfortable' in most conditions with minimal idling.

Last edited:

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
True for those who don't address the insulation and window tint.

Interestingly, I've spoken to people who have done it though.

I chuckle when see people in FB groups insisting that if you want to cool an LMYV cab you simply MUST have a 30,000btu Gen2. But they cool their entire habitat w/ only 5000btu.

I've also got a vent fans to install that are on a thermal switch. They should assist in removing any hot air when not in use. And my plan is to hit the remote on the AC anytime I start to prep the truck for a drive.

I love a challenge, though.

My cab will be pretty well insulated. And tinted to a questionably legal limit. I'm even debating covering the rear windows completely and insulating them as well.

:)
I have cut Mylar bubble insulation to fit each window and install them whenever it's parked, they cut a lot of heat. My cab is very well insulated now all the crevices filled with expanding foam and two or three layers of different types of foam to fill all the panels where it was accessible to put sheets of foam. It keeps it much cooler! I am planning on a similar minisplit in the future

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks