• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So, the rust won for now..

Rene M

So, i have known for a while that my muffler was rusty on my M813...
Yesterday the end blew of..lol and the diffuser fell out and the back tires squished it.. It was waaaayyy funny and mind numbingly loud..
I have looked all over for a replacement but im not about to spend $500 on a muffler on a 2k truck..
So, with a metal pile and a welder..... I took and welded a diff cover from a dana 44 diff in the huge hole. =) Geeeettttto , you say????? Yup but, Its sounds incredible.. it is very low tone and solid like a locomotive Diesel at idle..
Its the envy of all the rigs that come and go from my shop.. With out the diffuser inside the sound just bounces around and since the diff cover is concave?? deep tones are the result.. :beer:
Will i leave it?? Right up until i find a replacement somewhere that is not so expensive. I know im cheep.. sorry..

"" I run a good sized heavy Diesel repair shop and my 5 ton lives there. There is a large pile of asphalt by the gate and she just sits up there and " looks pretty ,lol"
From time to time i need her ability to drag a dead truck around which she does with out a sweat and the occasional passer by who wants a pic of their kids in it.

Rene M

It was dark and the pic looks bad so i took it down i will get a much better one you that you may all marvel at my....... Getto- ness. :lol:

If i put an audio clip, there would be a bunch of cut up mufflers real quick..lol

bryan70546

It was dark and the pic looks bad so i took it down i will get a much better one you that you may all marvel at my....... Getto- ness. :lol:

If i put an audio clip, there would be a bunch of cut up mufflers real quick..lol
so how are you enjoying the ole girl And what are your plans for the OTHER motor. Glad you got it home safely.
Bryan