• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So who ended up with those 3 M1009s in Texas yesterday?

Boreal21

Not sure if the same person picked up all 3, but if they did they got a heck of a deal. I think the most expensive one went for under $300? If only I didn't live so far away...

I'm very jealous. Congrats! :beer:

Boreal21

None of the auctions had pics, and I'm sure that helped keep the price way down. For one thing, many casual passers-by probably had no idea what a M1009 was. Then, if they happened to click on the link, the descriptions of the vehicles were VERY degrading rofl My guess is that condition wise they were probably on par with the gamble that is GL.

Boreal21

Hopefully an SS member ended up with them and will soon be posting up some pics. They sounded rough, but it would be really cool if they were just in average shape and were brought back to life with minimal expense/effort...

KsM715

None of the auctions had pics, and I'm sure that helped keep the price way down. For one thing, many casual passers-by probably had no idea what a M1009 was. Then, if they happened to click on the link, the descriptions of the vehicles were VERY degrading rofl My guess is that condition wise they were probably on par with the gamble that is GL.

Or somebody paid hid GL buddy to list them without photos and a very poor description.

ranchhopper

Thats like the generator the GSA had for sale in arkansas they had good pics but you couldnt get anyone to return phone messages for information or loading assistance. The reason I say this is this same generator was up for sale before and it was bid up a bit and they with drew it from the bidding after it went over a certain price it seemed a bit hokey to me.

markg

these trucks were from the border patrol. probably not a bad deal for someone closer. im in texas and still 600 miles away. with 2 loaded at a time and 3.55 diesel thats still an expensive trip. i bought 3 trucks from them in marfa,tx. the last time they sold any. the one i have left is my avitar. they all could have been driven home. (500+ miles) they had been sitting 2 yrs , 2 1028's and a 1009. they did post pictures. thanks. mark

wdbtchr

I've looked a a few border control vehicles, and generally I would say they didn't look to bad, but they were well used. I saw several stress cracks on the chassis around the suspension, looked like they had been driven off road hard alot.

All of my vehicles came from GSA, but I spent a long time looking at a lot of auctions before I found what I wanted. There's a lot of "guts and feathers" at GSA, so you better go look.:roll:

flyxpl

I have seen gsa not list the hours on a few gens. They had hours lised on 15 out off 18 gens . Being close I previewed the ones thet did not have the hours listed on . They were all rebuilt low time gens . It was no accident and I am sure it was somebody knew somebody and they were trying to keep the bidding on those low .