• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So who won the $2100 fording kit?

3dAngus

When I got my offer back, where I put in a request for bid on 2 each, it was a no bid. They said they didn't have any in stock and could not fill the order in the timeframe required.

3dAngus

I was in disbelief. I had a reserve of $250 on it and I didn't think it would go over $400. The buyer has already made payment on it and I will be shipping it out tomorrow. I'm sure he will be happy with it as it is in great shape and has all the parts. Thanks to hndrsonj and others who helped me with info on the kit.
:beer:
I think if someone would have already paid me $2100 for a $400 kit, I would have given him positive feedback on ebay by now.

jdgreen

Banned
if you think that was a high price, search 'military' on ebay and sort by highest first. it is downright amusing / astonishing what people think they will get. but then i sold a m35 for $26,000 on ebay a few years ago.

tom
High price ebay M35s are back. There is a bob m35 on ebay right now with 29 bids and its at 17,600

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, to answer several PM's I have been getting. The link I did use to get it, was just one of hundreds of suppliers the military uses. If they only had access to one kit-OK. There are other suppliers. For example 500 were ordered in Sept 1978 in 2 contracts. 6 of those were sold through GL event 858 lot 895 in Columbus OH. So where are the other 494 kits (just in those 2 contracts)? Either installed or sitting in another warehouse. Not to mention there were many other approved contracts to get them. I just figured this out as the average civilian sitting in my trailer in NOLA. Now, on the other hand, if I was at work at the moment I could actually find specifics really quick. So I am not going to waste any more time looking. Going another way, Today I had to research and demil 10K worth of test sets today (2). If you REALLY read into the DOD Demil manual, fording kits are in there. (where is the tin hat smiley now)

3dAngus

Also, these things in 57 individual parts making up one kit are disposible. You can just throw them away if damaged. No need to turn them in, unless in a complete or near complete kit. Most will end up in the dumpster bit by bit, piece by piece as scrap.

It may not suppossed to be that way by the NSN as an entire kit, but I promise you if someone has a whacked cap or band or bad valve, they are not going to fill out the crazy paperwork to turn it in when it can be shtcanned.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, these things in 57 individual parts making up one kit are disposible. You can just throw them away if damaged. No need to turn them in, unless in a complete or near complete kit. Most will end up in the dumpster bit by bit, piece by piece as scrap.

It may not suppossed to be that way by the NSN as an entire kit, but I promise you if someone has a whacked cap or band or bad valve, they are not going to fill out the crazy paperwork to turn it in when it can be shtcanned.
Well the old kit vice the new has alot of the same parts. Anyone who wants one can do it with some searching, pretty easy, maybe not fast though.:beer:

3dAngus

I like your original idea of buying 20 each at $150 each. LOL

Sometimes these things don't work out, no problem. But I'm not so energetic I would want to research out 57 different parts as I don't even have my Deuce yet. Still working on it, and my 10K generator, and a good trailer, and a tractor, and .......

LOL

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like your original idea of buying 20 each at $150 each. LOL
Well, I know there are hundreds of kits in the system at this moment. We had to have approval to do a group buy. So came about the hood handle buy (which is working so far), and should expand next time. There are many more ways to go for M35 parts, we are just trying to help others out period.:beer:

jwaller

Yea they just seen how much they go for on ebay.
They will have more next week for the low price of $2500each;)
I just got my new quote from space coast, it's now $2150 !!! :evil::evil::evil:

Just remember though on this ebay auction for this one golden kit, there were only 2 of us guys in the world willing to pay that kinda money, everyone else was left behind at what $400?

Don't go thinking you can find this stuff and sell these kits for this kinda $, they should only be worth 3-400 tops.

Last edited:

3dAngus

If several sets were found on GL auction, maybe less than that, unless somebody went ballistic on the bidding again.

3dAngus

Oops, and the winning bidder was, darwinthiery.

Congrats. Can I borrow it? I wanna take it for a ride in the deep water.

<just kiddin>

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks