• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So You Want Sound In That CUCV?

devilman96

I have been working on a CUCV for several weeks now with a long list of mods and conversions. One being something to drown out the road noise!

Being that this is not my truck but something I could "play" with (mine is upcoming) I wanted to try and keep the set up "looking" appropriate for the vehicle as well as provide a good quality system. If you are familiar with my Diablo deuce project you know I take these things pretty seriously, where as this one doesn’t have quite the "umph" as the deuce but the overall sound quality is absolutely astounding.

System specs...

Batteries Napa Orbital 9934/78
Sub Amp Rockford Fosgate Punch 2002
Hi / Mid Amp Rockford Fosgate P450.4
Subwoofers Rockford Fosgate P1S410
Front Speakers Rockford Fosgate P162S
Rear Speakers Rockford Fosgate P1692S
Head Unit Pioneer DEH-P7900BT
Satellite Radio XM

Hardware cost 1000$

The install time as about 2 weeks of piddling around in the evenings and weekends spread over about one month... This was by far one of the WORST installs I have even done due to the technical difficulty of hiding, routing and building everything to get the "look" as correct as possible…

Attachments

msoumas

Nice setup! I hope to do something similar with my M1009 if/when I ever acquire it. I might not go as purist for looks, but that's all going to depend on the truck I end up with I think. :)

Croatan_Kid

Dang...and here I was gettin all excited because I thought this was a post about exhaust systems!

Cool setup though! I'm lovin' the hidden amp behind the spare tire.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike is a sick individual. See the 4 gel cells? It's overkill to the nth degree

Recovry4x4 said:
Mike is a sick individual. See the 4 gel cells? It's overkill to the nth degree

The man has some overkill but good taste :D Now if i could buy them batteries up here for that price though :shock:

Truck looks good mike. go one heck of a install job

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
devilman96 said:
he he he... wait till I do mine *evil grin*
Haha, you have to find your first and the last I looked, it was in my driveway. I'm enjoyin the heck out of it.

n1bnc

Great job!

Have you thought about some sort of sound dampeners such as carpet to reduce the reflections? I remember the diablo project had a lot of carpet and such.

devilman96

No "specs"... They are just MDF cut to shape and routed out to look pretty... Its plazma cutting the back side out to fit the speaker which would make most sick...

LMC sells something close to this if you look in thier catalog.

tim292stro

Old thread... (7 years stale?)

It's series parallel 2x2, you can tell with the label on the top of the batteries, and the embossed polarities. It also looks like the factory 27SI alternator on the passenger side, my guess is the other is also stock. Those are 100Amps each (series), so probably plenty given there isn't much going on in a CUCV electrically...

nyvram

aww dang. saw this thread & thought devilman had returned! :crying:

his m1009 the craziest thing i've ever seen. he still cruising around in it recovery? now HIS truck is definitely worth the $17k being asked on ebay ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks