• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soap Stone Basin disaster of 2020

Grond

So its been a couple weeks since but I took my rig up to the mountains for a summer weekend of relaxation. All went well the journey there about 80 miles from my house up a lot of elevation. Truck handled fine on road and off upon arriving at camp there was a fair amount of snow melt still left but nothing out the average for this time of year at that elevation. The first day and night were perfect but then the following day its all went down hill from about noon it began to heavily rain which turned to snow and hail in the night. By the following morning even the main forest roads were swamped in some areas and every one else camping around me got stuck. However not daunted I began to free several vehicles after spending a moment getting fired up in the cold. Spent the rest of the day lumbering down and pulling or digging vehicles out trying to be as mindful as possible to avoid becoming entrenched myself. Though the weather was unfortunate it was rather satisfying pulling entombed vehicles out by just letting off the brake practically in low and was a good experience overall. Feeling much more confident about the trucks performance in general in these conditions and look forward to trekking out more this year. Didn't manage to get a ton of pictures of video in as I was very much in the moment.

https://www.facebook.com/forest.joh...43118125791/10216243113725681/?type=3&theater

Attachments

Grond

Thru my experience a loaded truck has the best advantage offroad when it comes to the 5 tons. In this case the 10,000lb box of the 934 makes it a nice weight on the rear axles to dig. If it had a locker in one axle it would be formidable. With 2 lockers it would go thru lots of stuff.
is there a locker kit for the rockwells? the prospect does sound nice.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
is there a locker kit for the rockwells? the prospect does sound nice.
@patracy has a pair for sale. Redbarncustoms.com sells a welded unit as well

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m jealous beautiful area! Whats the story with the blue truck? Two wheel drive? Operator error? That should not be stuck!

Grond

I’m jealous beautiful area! Whats the story with the blue truck? Two wheel drive? Operator error? That should not be stuck!
many vehicles sunk over night where they were but this was definitely operator error. many of the camp sites had snow melt and were some what soggy to begin or have little streams running through I pulled out a scion that has parked in a stream for some reason with bald tires by the next morning what was just a little stream 4 inches across had eroded around the wheels and was a foot deep.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks