• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft brake pedal

blzrgb

Hello. Drove my 1008 yesterday and noticed the brake pedal was really soft. It stops good, but seems to be stopping with only the front brakes. Everything is new reguarding pads, wheel cylinders,fluid, even the master cylinder and hyro-boost is new last year. Last week the pedal was very firm like normal. What gives ? Surely it didn't go bad just sitting there.

Also, there's no brake fluid leaks anywhere. Thanks.

Westech

CPL
well check the lines and take the drums off to double check. A big problem with the 80's GMC are the brake valves on the frame under the engine leaking and or sucking air. The seals are getting old and the fail rate is high on them.

1986Blazerk5

Check the fluid in the master cylinder, mine did this found out it was low on fluid, filled it up, but still had the problem then bleed the master cylinder and problem solved. when i took a turn i must have sucked in air when the fluid moved to one side