• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft Door Latch Catch

Sintorion

Oddly my new top kit had the rear catch, but not the fronts (instructions say to oddly say to reuse the existing ones). It looks like they are just light gauge round bar I figure I can bend some myself. Could someone be so kind and grab the dimensions off of theirs? Really just need to know how far they extend and how far it stands off. I can figure the spacing between the bolts. or if anyone has a couple of spares...

Sintorion

2 and 4 man kits assume you already have a b-pillar and soft door strikers.
I get the assumption, but it seems odd considering all the other parts that were included and considering it is a complete kit that they include the rear catch, but not the front. I assume they saved probably .04 by not including them. After reading the poorest of instructions, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Even Ikea instructions are better written.

MaverickH1

The problem I have is that when installed the catches don't extend far enough out to latch the door. I had to loosen the door handles to get them to reach far enough.

One of those annoyances that I just haven't looked into fixing completely...

Sintorion

The problem I have is that when installed the catches don't extend far enough out to latch the door. I had to loosen the door handles to get them to reach far enough.

One of those annoyances that I just haven't looked into fixing completely...
After installing this 4 man top on what originally probably had a hard top of some sort that I am guessing because of the amount of RTV on the windshield frame, I know what you are saying. I probably have a punch list of 10 things that I need to 'adjust' post install. Seemed like everything was just a little off. The front doors took me about 30 mins to adjust before giving up and settling for close enough so I could get the back doors on. Then going through my bag of unused parts 3 or 4 times before realizing that the front catches were not there, I just kind of laughed. The more time I spend in this, the more shocked I am that we sent people to war in these.

Glad the navy recruiter was a better salesman.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks