• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft top grommet

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed that the middle of my soft top at the pillar is starting to bow upwards. As I investigated it, I noticed that one side has a rubber grommet, the other side doesn't and the side that doesn't looks to have been wollered out.

I have not had much luck finding anything in any TM to help me identify the part number of the grommet or how all that fits together there. The screw that is in the one side doesn't look big enough to fit in the grommet if that is how it works.

Anyone know the part number of the grommet and if this hole looks wollered out?

20171021_171208.jpg

20171021_171303.jpg

20171021_171237.jpg

3jacks

12339397-1. HPG sells them. That hole looks pretty messed up. I doubt a new grommet will hold (it just expands as the nut is tightened) and looks like it will pop out again. I had the same problem. You can either try to round the hole and put in a nutsert or what I did...just drilled handrail flange (the part the door strikes on) to the B pillar and tapped the B pillar. I did this on both sides if the B pillar.

A better option if you can is have a have a shop close that hole (weld in an aluminum patch) and start over. If mine fails and it probably will...that’s what I will do.

Last edited:

Action

You can also replace that outer door jamb on the b-pillar. it rivets on.
Once fixed, loosen the windshield hinge bolts and push the top of it towards the front. Have someone tighten the bolts while you push on the frame. This should stop from putting pressure on the handrails.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys. I will look at it this week and see what my best option is. What TM is the soft top assy in? I would like to know if I don't have the right TMs downloaded.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks