• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

soft top install, normal to have gaps?

tkdtim

On a new 4 door soft top install, is it normal to have gaps you can see through between the soft doors and body? Not a lot, but there are some.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep Yep and rain will come in but it is all normal.

Mark

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cover my 4 man soft with a fitted H1 open back cover. I leave the tailgate all the way down so water runs out the back. It works very well to keep things inside dry, is easy to put on and remove as well.

Action

there should only be gaps at the corners, right? There is a door jamb on the 4 sides, and the door can be bent to get tighter. If your gaps are at the front or back, then loosen the hinges and adjust door.

Scappoose75

I just got my M998 from GovPlanet last Wednesday. It has the x-doors (4) with a canvas top. I've got gaps in the corners even after adjusting the doors a bit. I think it's normal.

Scappoose75

That's awesome that you have no gaps. I looked at my truck tonight and tried to see how I'd adjust the doors to cover them. I may be able to shim them into place (or all least in a better spot). For example, the driver door has gaps at the top at the front and the back of the door (as I stand looking at it). I could possibly put some washer shims on the post that drops into the hinge to raise it.

There's a pretty good HMMWV community in the Portland area so it's probably easiest to just check out their rigs to see how their doors fit. Gaps or no gaps, I still love my truck ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks