• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft top install

greenmonster

Does anyone have a pic of what the j channel should look like when installed properly. I thought I did it right but the top does not hold down the metal rods into the windshield when going down the road it picks them up out of the windshield. So I am thinking I did it wrong.

Thanks

Cycletek

The rubber part should be doubled up under the steel ledge, the threads should be pointing down toward the wipers......that will tighten it up for you and get the edges sealed to the top of the windshield......:popcorn:

greenmonster

Ok so i tried sliding the plastic in with the top sitting on hood and sliding plastic in but as soon as you pull the top over the plastic rotates inside channel so it just ends up being in the same place like the picture....am i missing something? Or is that right

greenmonster

Hoping sombody has pics of their soft top and how the plastic is supposed to go in the front channel I pulled it again tonight and every time I try and put thread to windshield it rolls out when I flip top onto cab. What am I missing.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll have to go look at mine, but it looks like your metal channel is bent out too far.
I had a similar problem on one of my trucks, had to put the plastic part in, then bang the metal channel tighter with a rubber mallet. It moves easily, just take it slowly. Same when prying it up a bit with a flat-edge screwdriver to free an old top that is stuck in there (which is probably why yours is like that).
Same applies to the vertical channels behind the doors.

Cheers