• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft top questions

rdixiemiller

All
I know the cabs are identical on the old M-123, M-35, and M-52 series, so the tops all interchange. Are they the same on the M-813 5 ton trucks? The reason I am asking is there are a bunch of canvas tops for the 5 ton M-813 on GL, A4 condition, and I was looking at bidding the lot. Nice looking green canvas tops.

rdixiemiller

I have no idea what they will bring, but there are 63 or 68 in the lot, at Camp LeJeune. I think the auction opens the 18th of this month. If I get them, I will figure what I have in them and give the forum members first crack at them for their personal use. I would like to salt a couple back for future use.
Of course, there is no telling what they will bring.....

lacoda56

Robert, just for reference, I paid $250 for a new one for my 5 ton last summer and that seems to be roughly the going price. Btw, I don't have a clue how to post pictures here, but if you want to post any of the ones I sent you, feel free.

rdixiemiller

Well, they went for more than I could swing. 64 brought $4500. add the 10% premium to that, sales tax, and it was up around $5300. Then fuel to NC and back, prolly $150, $5450 for the lot. That would be about $85 each. Still not a bad price, just more than I have burning a hole in my pocket at the moment. If I had that much extra cash, I would be getting a nice deuce!! Better luck next time!