• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft top questions

rdixiemiller

All
I know the cabs are identical on the old M-123, M-35, and M-52 series, so the tops all interchange. Are they the same on the M-813 5 ton trucks? The reason I am asking is there are a bunch of canvas tops for the 5 ton M-813 on GL, A4 condition, and I was looking at bidding the lot. Nice looking green canvas tops.

rdixiemiller

I have no idea what they will bring, but there are 63 or 68 in the lot, at Camp LeJeune. I think the auction opens the 18th of this month. If I get them, I will figure what I have in them and give the forum members first crack at them for their personal use. I would like to salt a couple back for future use.
Of course, there is no telling what they will bring.....

lacoda56

Robert, just for reference, I paid $250 for a new one for my 5 ton last summer and that seems to be roughly the going price. Btw, I don't have a clue how to post pictures here, but if you want to post any of the ones I sent you, feel free.

rdixiemiller

Well, they went for more than I could swing. 64 brought $4500. add the 10% premium to that, sales tax, and it was up around $5300. Then fuel to NC and back, prolly $150, $5450 for the lot. That would be about $85 each. Still not a bad price, just more than I have burning a hole in my pocket at the moment. If I had that much extra cash, I would be getting a nice deuce!! Better luck next time!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks