• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft Top Repair

3rdmdqm

Ok, the weather broke and I finally got off my lazy tail and took some picures. I took a piece of vinyl siding pictured. Cut only to about 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide and use the channel portion at the bottom. I then took pliobond and secured the siding to the top edge. I then took 1/8th inch large flange aluminum rivets along with a 1/8 inch back up plate (washer) and riveted the top in place about every 12 inches. Then painted the rivets same color as top and has held/worked great ever since.

Attachments

dabtl

A call to Vietnam Veterans #920 for one of their NOS tops solves all the problems, with a bit of money however. I am into my second year with one of their tops. Call 940-565-0366 and ask for Jimmy. It is tax deductible also.

Do not ask to have my reserve top!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks