• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft top separated from plastic channel

jjb

The soft top on my M931 not attached to the plastic channel. It looks like all of the stitching let loose. At first I though it just wasn't in the channel but on further inspection I could see the stitching was all ripped. Otherwise the top looks to be in excellent condition.

Is it worth fixing or should I just look for a new top?

jjb

As was said many times on here, take it to a canvas repair shop and get it fixed. Cheaper then buying a new one.
I called a couple of places and they said they don't think they have a machine that can do it. Still waiting for one to get back to me.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Any upulstery shop should fix it.I had 6 soft tops sewn a couple weeks ago.That is a common problem.

Racky

jjb Im over here in South Brunswick same thing happened to me and my neighbor restitched it for me. He does canvas work if you are willing to take a ride. I can ask him if he would do it and how much.

Racky

hawaii5ton

I don't have the plastic to sew back on, nor does any canvas shop on the Island that I have contacted. I will have it sewed on if I can source the plastic strip.

Scarecrow1

The only problem I found was when I fixed the front clip a little while later the zipper on the back windows stitching came out too. So I would look at both then decide........

Jayrassic

I am way beyond gorilla glue...its attached to the canvas great just the plastic is wildly distorted and split.... one might say FUBARd lol. I should have inspected closer before having them stitch back on.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks